• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mass Effect 2 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Unreel

Registered
Releasing in a week and no thread about it?

Anyway, just briefly out of tons of vid and information I've watched and read, you're gonna have a new ship, new vehicles, new crew, new weapons and skills, new love interests, better planets for sidequests, no elevator, carried on choices from the first game, and all in 2 disks to hold the game.

Here's a lil vid to show how the importing save games from ME1 work in ME2:

Edit: The launch trailer, I am sure you don't wanna miss this.

Last edited:
I want it! But I have no money! Why?!?!?!
I had it pre-ordered but then my local game phoned me up and said they couldn't suply one so it would cost me the full price which I can't afford.

The only thing that I'm praying for in this is that joker lived... This isn't really a spoiler because it's right at the start of the game. The normandy is blown up and now they build a second one. Shepered survived along with your close crew but what about joker? I want him to live!

I'm having surgery on Monday and will be out of commish for a week so you can bet that all of that time will be spent with Mass Effect 2. I'll prob go get it at midnight since I won't be working that week :D

I already have the dde preordered. I'm a sucker for these Bioware games. Some of the changes I don't like, but I can get used to it. They have been showing a lot of footage of the improved combat, but it looks like the story is better as well.

Good luck with your surgery Fudge.

I've pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe edition already. I will play both ME2, then play ME1 again, then do a game++ in ME1, and take that into ME2. :)

I've been out of the PC Gaming world for a while due to being restricted to a laptop..but with my new gaming rig being completed this week, I'll be hopping on the ME2 wagon for sure.

Preorderd my Collectors Edition Copy already.

There are a massive amount of videos at gametrailers for ME2, I suggest you check them out.

Just out of curiosity, do you think there's any need to play ME 1 to enjoy ME 2? Having just spent the dough on a new gaming rig, I'd like to play the latest and greatest, but I don't want to take anything away from the experience by being in the dark about ME 1.

Just out of curiosity, do you think there's any need to play ME 1 to enjoy ME 2? Having just spent the dough on a new gaming rig, I'd like to play the latest and greatest, but I don't want to take anything away from the experience by being in the dark about ME 1.

I think so yes.

I mean you can enjoy the Empire Strikes Back without watching A New Hope but you'll be missing out on some story.

I think so yes. When they were developing ME1 they planned to make it a 3 parter. The story is basically a continuation from number 1. I plan to play through the whole of ME1 2 days before ME2 is released then play through ME2 with mates in a week or so =)

I'm having surgery on Monday and will be out of commish for a week so you can bet that all of that time will be spent with Mass Effect 2. I'll prob go get it at midnight since I won't be working that week :D

Good luck on ur surgery man:thup: enjoy your week off

You can get it for really cheap. I just saw it for $10 through some online deal, but its generally <$20. It still looks really nice as well.

Secondly you can run through just the main questions fairly quickly, probably in less than 10 hours. I just beat it again because I wiped my hard drive so I needed a save for ME2 and I completed an immense amount of the extra missions and came in at ~20 hours of gameplay.

10 hours or less is a speed run you would be missing out on a lot of the side quests. Most of them are repetitive, but a few are pretty good. The game takes me around 20 hours or so. I still need a few more chars for me2, I only have one completed on this computer. I probably wont finish my current playthrough by the time me2 comes out though.

I see some debate going on between pc and xbox. I'm currently playing ME1 on xbox which I've had on my shelf since it came out but never played it for some unexplainable reason. What's the deal with transferring ME1 data to ME2... do you keep levels and stuff and will the game be mega easy?

I could see it going either way, it terms of which platform is best. For one, it would be easier to aim on the PC (thought I wonder if that's a good or bad thing, in terms of the challenge of the game). Secondly, PC would have better squad control if they even make that adjustment. The ME1 squad control is so lackluster that I think I'd be even more frustrated if I played it on the PC. So I don't know... I'm split. I played Dragon Age and KOTOR on the PC, but am liking ME1 on the xbox.

As a side note, does anyone else in this world think KOTOR is way overrated and more recent installments in the Bioware library are far superior?

Back