• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mass Effect 2 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah both the Xbox and PC version have been released on torrent sites (as of few days now).... Saw both being played last night at one of the frat houses on campus.:-/

Sucks to be a legit user.:rain:

Well, I would love to get in on the fun, and I never played ME1, so I thought I'd hit up the $5 deal from EA. I purchased it last night and it was downloading fine. I stopped the d/l to turn off the pc and go to sleep, figuring I could resume it when I got home from work today. I fire up my pc and the EA download manager has been nothing but a headache. It doesn't launch 75% of the time. When it does launch I can sign in and resume my download,but after about 5 minutes a message will pop up saying it appears I've lost my internet connection. The only thing I can do is close the program, and even that takes several minutes for the program to dissapear from my processes. Any idea what gives? I would love to play through ME1 and then pick up ME2, but at this rate I'm very ****ed at EA.

Yeah both the Xbox and PC version have been released on torrent sites (as of few days now).... Saw both being played last night at one of the frat houses on campus.:-/

Sucks to be a legit user.:rain:

Mine is legit and that's the thing that sucks. All of the game retailers and video rental stores have the game right now but for some reason they're bound to not sell it until 12am Tuesday Morning.

Ouch for 360 users: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1063107p1.html

Well I've experienced worse disk swapping. Anyone remember floppy disks? And the Wing Commander games had like 5 cds....

Wonder if the swap is still required if you install both discs? I did.

Also a weird thing: I messed with it a bit to import my ME1 character and for some reason it didn't recognize it. Luckily I had a game saved right before the end boss and beat him again, then it saved and I was able to import. Now, no more playing until Monday..... back to GTA IV addons.

Thanks, just bought it. Figured for $5, why not? I hate games that are slow to start (like DA:O, tried it at a friends house and couldn't get into it), so I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get into ME, but figured for $5, I'd try :)

Put up with the first 3 hours.
It's like watching Starwars but controlling the action. Once you get to the gunfight in the nightclub it's all up hill fun wise. The game starts with a weird swamp mission but after that it gets slow for a bit. It's the funnest single player experience I've ever had. Slightly better than GTA4 and the DLC's for it on 360.

So I finally broke down and bought ME1 on Steam. Ended up as a Vanguard, seemed interesting, but he seems to lack any kind of electrical skills and so far (2 hours in) I seem to be finding a ton of lockers and safes I cannot open (skill too low). Is there a way to have your squad members to open them?

Or am I supposed to come back later?

I am now able to pre-load it. I took wednesday off since it doesn't unlock until about when I get off work on tuesday. :)

From what I understand of Mass Effect 1 transferring to Mass effect 2

Character level does not transfer.
Character looks do transfer.
You can change classes at the beginning of Mass Effect 2 or start a new character
In the game if you choose to let Kaidan die then he will remain gone and Ashley will take his place.

Don't read unless you've beat Mass Effect 1

If you die at the end of Mass Effect 1 then you will be resurrected by Cereberus at the beginning of part 2, If you're not dead, it will have an different beginning story.

Interesting... though I know some aspects of the personalities I transfer. Like renegade and what not. Nice to see a second in the series though take from what you've done before and applies it to the new game.

well i just finished playing like three hours of it at a mates house who got it early...somehow...not sure if it was legit but i wanted to see if it was worth buying
its a very fun game, i havent played me1, but the story is sitll easy to understand, it is very similar to draogn age, but set in a different time
kind of got repetitive eventually...land on a planed...kll people....next planet....
cut scenes are awsome :)

ediT: also the graphics are stunning!

Yep sadly doesnt come out here till the 28th Jan and wont be Avail until Feb 4th , Wife Pre-ordered as Birthday Pressy in Dec, so just sits back and waits patiently,

I'm stuck at the assault drone hiding in the tank, wasnt paying attention and have no clue how to get past it, anyone want to toss a hint my way

The game is decent but jeebus its like watching a movie at times, I settle in with popcorn and a pint some cut scene's are that long

I'm stuck at the assault drone hiding in the tank, wasnt paying attention and have no clue how to get past it, anyone want to toss a hint my way

The game is decent but jeebus its like watching a movie at times, I settle in with popcorn and a pint some cut scene's are that long

Go play Metal Gear Solid 4. After that, You won't complain about another game having too may cut scenes again...At least, not until Kojima comes out with another Metal gear game. :D

I like Cut Scenes. I enjoyed Mass Effects CS's, I'll enjoy Mass Effect 2's CS's. Only thing I wish is if there was an option to go back and replay cut scenes. That would be nice because sometimes they have really cool things happening and don't catch everything on the first play through.

I'm really thinking about picking this title up, but I didn't play the first one. I tried to take advantage of the $5 deal linked earlier, but for some reason it wouldn't work on my PC, so I just said f* it.
Now that the game's out, any more opinions of it? I see it's getting good reviews. Any take on whether it helps to play the first to understand the sequel? I guess I could probably try to find the first one for cheap again if it enhances the play of the second. Or does the second one stand alone pretty well?

I'm really thinking about picking this title up, but I didn't play the first one. I tried to take advantage of the $5 deal linked earlier, but for some reason it wouldn't work on my PC, so I just said f* it.
Now that the game's out, any more opinions of it? I see it's getting good reviews. Any take on whether it helps to play the first to understand the sequel? I guess I could probably try to find the first one for cheap again if it enhances the play of the second. Or does the second one stand alone pretty well?

i have never played mass effect 1 , but am half way thhrough the ME2, and the second one stans alone very well, i was abit condused with all the names in the first half hour of gameplay but after that you are very familiar with the characters and stuff..

higly recomended game, the graphics are awsome,
for some it mightg get abit repetitive...combat has been pretty much the same through the enture game

Back