• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mass Effect 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ashura

I know we're 3 months away from launch but everything about this sequel so far looks ridiculously good. Yesterday we got some tidbits on what happens to a certain party member from ME1 and today we got some info on new enemies in ME2, including upgraded Husks and a brand new alien race.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14235013.html

What really excites me, other than the obvious awesome plot elements being revealed, is just how incredibly smooth gameplay looks. While ME1 was great, little things like texture popping/loading and combat animations/flow being clunky were annoying minor flaws. But all the gameplay videos of ME2 look so damn... fluid is the best word for it. Everything looks so seamless, from directing your party members to certain areas and actions to the way you duck and cover and then launch out of hiding. And, the graphics look like they got an awesome polish.

This is one of those rare games that has me itching for it's release months and months and months in advance. I can't wait for it to come out! :D

I might be one of the few who didn't like the first one =/

But if reviews and such are good Ill probably pick it up

I can't wait for this to come out. Id be just getting it for my X360 though.

Come on, you can't just like computers but not Mass Effect. :)

Talk more, shoot less, the world will become better :D

Well aside from kidding, mass effect isn't a shooter tho, and that's the bottomline. Not all shooter fans will appreciate the difference between ME and shooters. For me, it's certain my favorarite.

I got as far as the part where the one alien guy found out his own kind was a traitor, and then they talked more , and were in space , and then went to see some kind of council and talked more, and then I gave up :D

They should have titled the game NAP-EFFECT :D

Ok ya but it's not really a shooter dude. You only played 2 or so hours to get that far.
It gets really cool the further you get and

*spoiler in black, highlight*

It turns out the citadel is an ancient alien trap, those weird alien guys that run all the computers that you're supposed to 'leave alone' are actually keeping an eye on stuff until the evil aliens that actually run the citadel come back to take it over, and trap everyone inside.

It also turns out that Saren is being told what to do by his spaceship, and a hot, busty version of councilor Dianna Troy from Star Trek, The Next Generation.

ah nice , heh , yeah the game is just not my style of fun, i get bored when there is too much talking

ah nice , heh , yeah the game is just not my style of fun, i get bored when there is too much talking

Plus, the part of the game you played is particularly talk heavy since it's the beginning. Time spent talking and shooting is a lot more balanced once you leave the Citadel.

Well the rest of the game is not *as* talk heavy, its an rpg so overall it has a lot of talking. As a RPG fan who loves story I thought this was great and I look forward to hopefully even more dialogue in mass effect 2. I can see not liking mass effect if you just wanted a shooter. It would be a medicore shooter. However its not a fps (or TPS?) hence it focusing on different elements like story.

I think Dragon Age will hold me over until ME 2 gets released though.

Last edited:
I love talk heavy gameplay. I've been going through Dragon Age: Origins and everytime I start talking to a "boss" I think to myself "good now I can finally talk my way out of this instead of just kill kill kill". Don't get me wrong combat is great in rpgs, but if there is too much it's just an action game. Mass Effect and Dragon Age have a good balance. I can't wait for Mass Effect 2. I've played through the first game about 9 times now and I'm so excited that the pc version is one of the launch platforms this time. The conversations in Bioware's new games are just superb. It really does have a cinematic aspect to it.

Yah ME1 was very good (I was recommended to it after looking for something to play besides KotOR 1 and 2) looking forward to the next one :)

You can't rush a good game dude.

There's no way that it's not done and ready to press by 12/25. They don't cut things that close. I've got enough games to last me until then easily but I'm just saying that from a business standpoint that sales would be exponentially greater if released by Christmas. People are generally broke from Christmas until April.

maybe they are waiting for after christmas since thats when everyone pushes there games. so after all the games are pushed people can see that there is a good game out now and it not being pushed like all games are for christmas

Back