• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mass Effect? Xbox 360 and PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

So who has played/owned this for Xbox360? It is coming out on PC soon and I am not sure if I should invest my schillings in it... I have read it has additional content over the console version. :confused:

Roofles

A friend of mine has it for the 360 and LOVED it. I've been excited for it when it first was announced (and then when to the 360). I intend to purchase it asap.

The things improved beyond 360->PC visuals are that they redid the control interface so it supports a mouse and keyboard much better than other straight console to pc conversions. They also redid the inventory system with much the same regard.

I believe it will also contain the DLC Bring down the Sky.

Also it comes out May 28th, as it was pushed back from May 6th.

Last edited:

DerekDRP

Disabled
So who has played/owned this for Xbox360? It is coming out on PC soon and I am not sure if I should invest my schillings in it... I have read it has additional content over the console version. :confused:
I have it for the xbox 360 and I loved it.

Your not going to get disappointed at all. Thanks for pointing out the mistake.

Last edited:

Diddyu

It looks awesome, but I wont be buying it if they keep the three install limit.

ratbuddy

Ugh. I'll buy this on launch day just to show my support for continuing to release games on PC, but I probably won't get around to playing it until August or so. I'm not done with COD4 yet, after that comes Crysis, then Assassin's Creed, and probably a few others I've 'boughten and forgotten' :p

mrgreenjeans

If the port reviews are good will probably jump on this one from the authors of the KOTOR, one of my top games of all time. My wife shut down the whole buy games and leave 'em on the shelf debacle so I made a promise not to 1., buy games the first day of release, 2., not buy one while I still have unfinished games I AM going to finish. Unfinished games collecting dust; Painkiller, Jericho, NWN2, to name a few. ( I actually got tired of the final boss battle in Bioshock and junked it after a while. And as far as the reload issue, what if STEAM carries it (rapidly becoming my most popular form of game purchasing) you will be able to uninstall reinstall innumerably, correct.

Hazaro

Mass Effect (PC)

ALMOST HERE

I am so looking forward to this. Every other game is being tossed aside.
-Patapon
-God of War
-Assassins Creed
-etc.

360 Review GameTrailers (HD): http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27704.html

904_0006.jpg
PC Benchmarks and pictures: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,645004/Test/Benchmark/PCGH_Performance_Review_Mass_Effect/

I hope the mod community makes some great things for this game.

mass_effect_ingame_17.jpg

Since it is based on the Unreal 3 Engine, Anti-Aliasing (AA) will not be incorporated into DX9, same as UT3 and Gears.

ME_GPU_1680.PNG

Last edited:

Hardin

You are much stronger than me. I can't buy any game that I can only install 3 times. The framerates don't look very good either.

Hazaro

You are much stronger than me. I can't buy any game that I can only install 3 times.

Install it once and never leave it. :beer:

I'm sure they will take away the restrictions after a while.
Good for you being able to resist.

You would think they would learn by now...

technoViking

The trailer doesn't look that great either. Looks blah.
And when i say blah, i mean...blah.

I don't really like the 3rd person view though either, unless its gears of war.
I also don't like single player games.

I think fallout 3 is going to be the only single player game I'll purchase.