• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MASSIVE artifacts in Apocalyptica- Why?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord_Zoltan

I just recently participated in a lan this weekend. One of the games being played was Apocalyptica. So installed this puppy and tried to play but as soon as i boot into the game i get these CRAZY ARTIFACTS EVERYWHERE. I turned off dynamic lights...and OMFG it was even worse cant even see the model.

My card isnt Overclocked at all, and its got great cooling.
What is going on here? I dont own the game, but since i had to sit out at the lan and watch them play it, i really liked it. I would love to buy it but im worried that i cant fix this issue b/c i honestly have no clue. I tried other games, everything else is fine, well in UT mod Tactical ops i had this odd artifact but i rebooted and everything was fine , now its just messed up in Apocalyptica.

Please any ideas??? I WANT TO ask the company but fear that they will assume im pirating it or something or not help me untill i buy it. Plus i cant find a contact for them.

THANKS ALL HELP APPRECIATED AND FAST.
Im going to test more games.

~Zoltan

OP
L

Lord_Zoltan

i will try that and let you know how goes, im sure they have a patch.
Until then anyother ideas why this is happening?

Zoltan

masterchief

Wow... the Apocalyptica site is down... not a single good review and no patches to be found. My advice: just walk away from this game, it's not worth it!

OP
L

Lord_Zoltan

masterchief said:
Wow... the Apocalyptica site is down... not a single good review and no patches to be found. My advice: just walk away from this game, it's not worth it!

But it looks so fun.

And what if it is just showing a real problem with my card. I mean i play other games dont seemuch except for this one weird flicker in halo and that messed up light post in Tactical Ops. But that TacOPS messed up light post was fixed after a reboot...i dont see how my card could have gotten damage im just paranoid and dont understand why it doesnt work.
3dmark03 runs fine without artificats.

Zoltan

Cerberus2k7

Drifto Mexicano
Their site isnt down. Not at the one i'm at anyways. http://www.konami.com/apocalyptica/

Anywho...I searched FilePlanet, GamersHell and Gamespy as well as some Aussie gaming site and GameCopyWorld(Don't gripe) and none of them even mention information about any patches. So from what i've found out so far, it simply doesnt have any support.

masterchief

Cerberus2k7 said:
Their site isnt down. Not at the one i'm at anyways. http://www.konami.com/apocalyptica/

Anywho...I searched FilePlanet, GamersHell and Gamespy as well as some Aussie gaming site and GameCopyWorld(Don't gripe) and none of them even mention information about any patches. So from what i've found out so far, it simply doesnt have any support.

I tried to go to the official site http://www.apocalyptica.net/ but it gives me a hosting generic site thingy...

Xymurgy

Zoltan, did you by any chance figure this out? I'm having the same issue (crazy artifacting, seemingly unrelated to clock speeds, detail levels, etc).

Now I know why BB had this for $10. Seems wicked fun tho.

Edit: Zoltan, what card are you using? My 9800XT has all the artifacting, but my 4200 doesn't. You using a DX9 card?

Last edited:
OP
L

Lord_Zoltan

Xymurgy said:
Zoltan, did you by any chance figure this out? I'm having the same issue (crazy artifacting, seemingly unrelated to clock speeds, detail levels, etc).

Now I know why BB had this for $10. Seems wicked fun tho.

Edit: Zoltan, what card are you using? My 9800XT has all the artifacting, but my 4200 doesn't. You using a DX9 card?

No i have not figured it out.

For reference i am using a 9700 pro ALl in Wonder (ATI).

So ya... i just think there is no support. Im glad that im not the only one, maybe we can figure it out.
I only lanned it so i dont have the box, if its possible could you try calling some tech numberst they have in the manual or something asking about both our cards?

THanks

Zoltan