• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Master List of Heater Cores and Radiators

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm looking for that Buick one. Found this while searching.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1031/

Closest I could find was here. At least has the depth right, don't see many 2.5"d HC's. Just my two cents, but I read somewhere that HC's shouldn't be over 2" for WCing applications (I guess you could if you had a blower).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2473270642&category=33548

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2474084294&category=33548

Last edited:
thats a great find Xymurgy thanks for the info... ill update what i can later on tonight when i get the time..and thanks for looking into that buick one that beerhunter mentioned... i tried www.napaonline.com but i couldnt find it...if you want maybe you could try there as well...a lot of times its just random luck because there are so many different vehicles
Eddie

K well i just went to www.autozone.com and went uder
Shopping >> Part Search Number

Typed in both 3000366 and 3001138 and they both gave me the same reults to this link which it calls it a GDI 399059

Does anyone have any pics or any info about this Heater Core?
BeerHunter said this is all copper it has a 2.5 inch depth and has a big cooling area. Im wondering if this would be a good pump for my danner mag 3.
Thanks for all the replies guys keep em coming
Eddie

Last edited:
Not sure about the Autozone one but my 86 chevette HC is 2" deep. about slightly bigger than 6"x6". My cores interior is copper.

slightly bigger than 6x6....

Doesnt sound like its gonna fit in a 5" bay, anyone know a single 120mm HC that will fit in a 5" bay?

got my case today and the dual 120 i bought is too big

arg.....man i hope i dont have to buy a bix

I thought i found it...
Its a 1966 Buick Riviera
Specs are
Item#: BK 6603021

Price: $ 46.49
Attributes: Heater Core
Length: 8 1/4''
Width: 2 1/2''
Height: 8''
Hose Size: I 3/4'' O 5/8''
Type of Packaging: Boxed
1966 Buick Riviera.jpg

Edit..
Actually this cant be the one BeerHunter was talking about because he said his dimensions were 11.2 H X 6.2 W x 2.5 D
Eddi

Since its dimensions of the JR120 are (including the tanks): 5.5" x 6.38" x 2" i would have to say that the 1985 Chevrolet Chevette Heater Core most closely resembles the JR120 Raidator even though the Heater Core is slightly larger .

1) 1985 Chevrolet Chevette Heater Core
2) Total Area - ?
Fin Area - Length: 6 1/8'' Width: 2'' Height: 6"
3) Hose Size: I 3/4'' O 5/8'' (Fits 1/2" ID Tubing)
4) 1 X 120mm
5) Dual Pass
6) $21.99
7) Napa Auto Parts (Item#: BK 4603108 )
8) ?
www.napaonline.com
Added by zip22
Eddie

BeerHunter said:

My next core is the 11.2 H X 6.2 W x 2.5 D Fedco 2-144 aka 59 Buick Riviera.

With it's massive 2.5" depth, all copper, and more fin area should give me what I want, super low rpm fans and "good enough" cooling.

59 Buick Riviera :))) 2-144 is a big brother of a Caprice dore. Dimensions I found are: 11-1/4 x 6-1/8 x 2-1/2, inlet 3/4" outlet 5/8" (but if you cut the outlet about 2 inches they are almost the same width).
I could post a photo but somebody must explain how :)

Very good thread but pity we dont have more european cores. Seems only alternative for now is Opel core...

Cheers

So im guessing you have the heater core... if so that is great news.. i hope you dont mind me asking questions about it then.

1) Where can you get the Heater Core or where did you get the info you did on the heater core?
2) Someone said earlier that more than 2 inch depth was useless or not worthwhile since you have the heater core what is your experience with it and what pump are you using?
3) Would you recommend this Heater Core if space isnt an issue?
4) Is it single pass or dual pass?
and just a side note this thread is only as good as the community makes it i wish i had more european cores but to be honest im kinda sorta new at this myself even though ive been readin a lot and set up my own custom WC rig (see sig) but if i pass by more cores ill try and get them up for ya
Thanks again
Eddie

Last edited:
Sorry, seems I was not clear, I dont have it I only found a photo of it. Dimensions I wrote are written on a photo. I found it on www.rockauto.com but the price is much higher compared to caprice core.

Considering the thickness of the rads, point is that if the core is too thick (in proportion with the CFM of a fan) you will not be able to push enough air to the deeper parts of the core thus making like you have half active and half passive cooling with a particular rad. To further point how important could be a rad this is my example. I am using Hydor L30 equivalent submersible pump and a core from a Fiat car (the weakest link in my cooling but I cant find fedco 2-342 here :-((( The fins are very thick sticked together in lines not like a american cores. There is only 2mm distance between fins for the air to go. With only one fan attached (Evercool 120cm) on 7 volts I measured the temperatures. Then put 2 fans on 7volts and measured again and temperatures stayed the same. then 2 fans on 12volts and shockingly again no change :) Finally without fans and Primeing again showed only 2°C difference. My conclusion is that my rad is very good for passive cooling but totally inapropriate for active cooling. With too thick core you could get a simmilar effect but experimentation is needed. If you want to go really active with 120mm fans the core should not be deeper than 3,5cm-4cm (about inch and half). As I said experimentation is needed to choose the best combination between a particular fan and rad.

DeltaWing thanks for helping us out with trying to find the core.. i cant seem to view that websites catalog because it says some crap about me not letting java through oh well.. if you could send me the pic id be more than happy to host it..

ls7corvete this one might fit because optical drive bays are 5 3/4" and this one is 5 5/8" wide the problem with this might be its too long its 12 3/4" about so i dont know if your case can handle that because a normal optical drive is about half that length.
1) ?
2) Total Area - Length: 5 5/8'' Width: 2'' Height: 12 3/4"
Fin Area - Length: 5 5/8'' Width: 2'' Height: 10 3/4''
3) Hose Size: I 3/4'' O 5/8'' (Fits 1/2" ID Tubing)
4) 2 X 120mm
5) Dual pass HC
6) $19.99
7) Napa Auto Parts (Item#: BK 4603056)
8) ?
9) Misc: Copper fins with brass interior. Last time I ordered these they came with some sort of reinforcing structure inside the inlets/outlets which would cause unneeded restriction, so I had to cut the inlets/outlets pretty close
www.napaonline.com
Added by Xymurgy

Eddie

Back