• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MasterKleer OD for 1/2" ID

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poogl3

Hey all,

I am building up my system and have decided to go with 1/2" ID tubing. MasterKleer seems like a natural choice (at least for my first few builds) since its so cheap. Does anyone know which the best OD would be? My options are:

10/16" OD - 2.875" bend radius - 20psi max
11/16" OD - 2.125" bend radius - 28psi max
12/16" OD - 1.750" bend radius - 36psi max
13/16" OD - 1.500" bend radius - 40psi max

I am going to be using a Swiftech 655 pump with Apogee and Maze4 blocks, and a PA160 radiator. Should I be worried about my pressure exceeding 20psi? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

OP
poogl3

poogl3

nikhsub1 said:
12/16" which is 3/4" which is 1/8" wall.

Sorry for not reducing the fractions... thought the formatting looked better. You think the 3/4" OD tubing will work well with worm clamps? It seems like a good option, especially with the nice bend radius. Thanks for the info!

voigts

You can use either the 7/16"ID 3/32" walled MasterKleer, or the 1/2"ID 1/8" walled MasterKleer. The 7/16" is easier to manage as far as bending goes.

Pressure is not an issue as PC watercooling systems run at very low pressure, a few psi at most (this may or may not count the high-powered iwaki crowd).

Sneaky

Skulltrail Junkie
i got the 13/16" OD stuff and i F***in' LOVE IT

better bend radius than tygon, and IT NEVER, EVER STAINS

OP
poogl3

poogl3

Seems to be a pretty even split between proponents of the 7/16" ID and the 1/2" ID. Perhaps I should grab a couple dozen feet of each kind and experiment for myself.

Primu$

Sneaky said:
i got the 13/16" OD stuff and i F***in' LOVE IT

better bend radius than tygon, and IT NEVER, EVER STAINS

I havent been updated with water cooling products lately but can anyone shoot me a few water cooling blocks, that fit this size tubing?
Thanks

Primu$

OP
poogl3

poogl3

I will be using the tubing with a Swiftech Apogee and 1/2" OD barbs. My GPU block will be a DD maze4 Acetel with the same barbs. AFAIK, this is a very standard size for all WC components.

OP
poogl3

poogl3

Out of curiosity, how much tubing do you guys usually order at a time? I would like to get enough so that I can build a few full loops before re-ordering. I was thinking maybe 25 feet, but am not sure.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
I bought 10 feet as well. Although if you want to do a couple loops, with some room for mistakes I would say 25 would be plenty. Seeing how it is about $.45 a foot, there isn't too much to really worry about.

OP
poogl3

poogl3

Alright, I just ordered 25 feet of the 7/16" ID, 3/32" thick tubing. Thanks for all the suggestions!