• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Matrix cards, ROG mobos, OC Panel...vga hotwire...how to connect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Hi Folks

Been wondering about something for a while and haven't had the luck I'm looking for yet so figured I'd ask.

How do I connect (vga hotwire) matrix edition cards to either a ROG motherboard (for example, atm am working with a rive-be) and/or the OC Panel?

Have quite a few matrix cards from both green and red teams. Some have a small connector socket (for example, the 580 matrix cards), others have just holes (figure those need soldering) and others have connector sockets plus holes and lousy documentation (like the 780Ti's).

The motherboards (mve, rive-be) and oc panel have multipin connectors.

Anyone know about this stuff? For the cards with a connector socket...are there 'standard' cables with the vga plug on one end and the mltipin connector on the other end? I've been searching but can't find anything out there (maybe my search terms are lousy?). Haven't even been able to find the connector plug for the cards at all. What the heck? For the ones without a socket...are there 'standard' cables with the multipin plug on one end (for connecting to the mobo or oc panel) and just bare wires on the other end to be soldered to the cards?

Any ideas, sources, etc?? Would love to get these all connected and working.

tia (again)!

Thanks Janus67

Can't see it from work but will take a look later on....guessing that'll work for all the matrix cards that don't have actual connectors?

So...what can I do about cards like the 580 matrix and 7970 matrix? Those actually have vga hotwire connector sockets on them. Where can those be found? I've read that the 580's didn't come with the connector cable but the 7970's did ( http://www.overclockers.com/asus-matrix-hd7970-platinum-video-card-review/ ). I got all my matrix cards used so don't have any connectors or cables. Will I just need to solder wires or do you (or anyone else) know where I can find the actual connectors themselves?

Sorry, I don't have any additional info past what I gave you.

May want to check out the KPC (kingpincooling) message boards in the Shamino section, there's probably some stuff in there for all of the major mods and vga hotwire stuff.

Back