• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Matrix Orbitals and others

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stereosteve99

I'm really just confused about the whole thing. Do these slow your computer down at all? If anyone could post some pics with it installed in the computer that would be great too. I'm having a really ard time finding these kind of pics.

The best I've found so far is this Pic

Is USB the best way to go?

Last edited:

MLMIB

imo, I wouldn't wanna hafta run that around to the back to plug in, but it cool. if you can deal, it's a great addition

Jenova

:) hey i got a matrix orbital mx 212 and i think its great
yes usb is the way to go and u dont have to have the usb cable running out through the back of the case u can get an internal one
go here for more this ones better for pics
http://www.hexus.co.uk/review.php?review=504
umm i will admit they do slow down your pc
but its worth it aye

SiliconX

I got the 212 as well. Fits into a 5 1/4" bay. Has a cable that runs from the drive to a plate that slides into a PCI slot plate(not actually the PCI slot) and you just run the included serial cord from the back of that plate to a serial port.

Does it slow down your PC? No, not at all. The thing is, the LCD display on it's own is actually pretty useless. It's the software. The best is LCDC. So the software has to be running at all times. It's actually the software that turns on LED's when you get an email, or can start/stop fans, or displays Motherboard Monitor information, etc.

The software seems pretty unintrusive and doesn't use alot of resources.

Deathknight

I am running a matrix orbital as well. Don't have any pictures handy but will post some if I can find em. As far as looks go though, I would have to say they are one of the coolest things you can do for your case. There is a definate wow factor to how it looks (not to mention the pure geek factor of all that info scrolling by).

Haven't had any performance issues at all with it. You can set how often it updates in the software so if you want your info updated very quickly then you just give up some additional cpu cycles to do so.

I would definatly go the usb route. I don't have mine running off of the usb headers on my motherboard yet but I definatly intend to.

nan0_man

does anyone know where i could get a wiring diagram to connect a usb to a seiko 4 line backlit lcd, and i dont mean to jack the thread or nothing.