• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max OC for 2400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aharpro26

Registered
What is the max overclocking for my 2400+? Its running in a Antec Aria with the 300W PSU. ThermalTake Volcano 9+ Slim runs it at average of 49C. In the BIOS i can only up the voltage a little before i have to reinstall windows (i hate that). Would it be worth it? Mobo: KM2M Combo VIA KM266 Chipset.

Drec

its 2.8ghz as highest in the oc.com database...on 1.98Vcore..Crazy.

mustrum

aharpro26 said:
What is the max overclocking for my 2400+? Its running in a Antec Aria with the 300W PSU. ThermalTake Volcano 9+ Slim runs it at average of 49C. In the BIOS i can only up the voltage a little before i have to reinstall windows (i hate that). Would it be worth it? Mobo: KM2M Combo VIA KM266 Chipset.

With that PSU i wouldn't even think about it.
Had a pretty good 350Watts PSU burnet out yesterday (enermx fan crapped out so i had to swtich). My Barton (not mobile tho) can do 2.4ghz @ 1.85 vcore but then my PSU 12 Volt rail went to 13.5 volts!!! Then i had that unusual smell comming out of my system. Pulled the plug and i can be damn happy it's only trhe PSU that burnt out.

Fixed up my Enermax (431 Watts strong Rails))with a new fan and it's rocksolid now.

I wouldn't suggest to OC too much with that 300 Watts PSU.