• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxed out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chief

Have my 2.53 SL6EG Costa Rica week 43 @[email protected] (150 fsb) stable on win98se box.Figured it would do better but most times it will not boot at 3001 let alone run stable @2.9 using 3dmark2001se.I have tried every combo of settings and cant get it higher and stable so am I maxed out on this chip?Everything @Default scores 12175 and 13738 @2.85/vid card at 300/620 and mem @400/2/2/2/5. This is stock cooling and bios 1002 shows 42c and sandra shows 39c at idle.I have tried bios 1003 and 1005 which are even more unstable for me.See sig for rig.

Last edited:

jdmcnudgent

i dont really know what you are saying. try to bump the mem setting down in the bios, to the 1:1 ratio, or just go for the lower MHZ in the bios for the mem. that chip should have more left in it, and you may need to bump the voltage some.;)

OP
Chief

Chief

Like I said in first post I have tried all combo's of settings including upping the vcore,lowering mem timings but 3gigs will not boot to windows even half the time let alone run 3dmark.

flapperhead

unfortunately sometimes u get a non overclocker. my 1.8a c1 only runs to 2.7 no matter what voltage i use. jdmcnudgents 1.8a screams... he got a good one, i got a lousy one. savin up my pennies for a prommy. 2.4c system. maybe I'll get lucky this time..

jdmcnudgent

flapperhead said:
unfortunately sometimes u get a non overclocker. my 1.8a c1 only runs to 2.7 no matter what voltage i use. jdmcnudgents 1.8a screams... he got a good one, i got a lousy one. savin up my pennies for a prommy. 2.4c system. maybe I'll get lucky this time..
im on my second one buddie. this one does 185 on default, and i sold my other one. current one up for sale too, check classifieds.;)