• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximum STABLE oveclocking of P42.4B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vbhard

Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2002
Location
Sydney, Australia
As the title says but mind you I am asking about 3:4 settings unless you got better scores(any) otherwise.

I am running mine at 161MHz, 3:4 settings at vcore of 1.75V and vdimm at 2.9V(corsair 512MB XMS 3200 rated cas2) running 3D Mark, seti, prime95, super pi and goldmem for a minimum of 3-4 days.

Please specify the make and stepping of the cpu and kind of RAM you are using.

Apparently the P4 I have and the ones I have observed are malaysian made

SL6D7
FPO: L225B274
C12111-001
Sept 2002
Malaysia

:) :burn:
 

pvanosta

Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2001
Mine is identical

I get the exact same results.
I can run at 166 fsb, but UT2003 and Prime95 will crash after 4 or 5 minutes.
Everything else runs fine.
So I keep it at 161 fsb, where everything is stable.
Same S-spec, same factory.:)
 

TASOS

Member
Joined
May 16, 2001
Location
Athens Greece
Welcome to the forums "vbhard"

Nice setup & o/c
I think you may have some more power left.

What's your cooling and temps ?
 
OP
vbhard

vbhard

Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2002
Location
Sydney, Australia
Thanks guys for the warm hearted welcome :beer:

The max I got out of this chip at 3:4 settings was 168FSB and I can run 163FSB for around 30 hours but no longer.

I have coolermaster heatsink with v7+ fan on it at low setting, the full load temps being 39-41degrees at around 30 degrees case temp 1.7V under load.

I have been running at 161FSB for the last 7-8 days now 24/7 crashless :cool:

this is the picture of my baby's bum

Coolermaster4.JPG


Coolermaster3.JPG


Coolermaster2.JPG
 
OP
vbhard

vbhard

Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2002
Location
Sydney, Australia
Re: Mine is identical

pvanosta said:
I get the exact same results.
I can run at 166 fsb, but UT2003 and Prime95 will crash after 4 or 5 minutes.
Everything else runs fine.
So I keep it at 161 fsb, where everything is stable.
Same S-spec, same factory.:)

Is the vcore 1.7V as well? Could you also state the vcore at full load as well please

Cheers :)
 

jarthel

Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2001
/me wonders the purpose of this question

This question is very system dependent especially since you are asking for "maximum" overclock. I know LN2 people would say around in the range of 3+ Ghz.
 
OP
vbhard

vbhard

Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2002
Location
Sydney, Australia
jarthel said:
/me wonders the purpose of this question

This question is very system dependent especially since you are asking for "maximum" overclock. I know LN2 people would say around in the range of 3+ Ghz.

I heard quite a lot about the 2.4B overclocking capabilities and how most of the people got it above 3G on air cooling.

I want to see the different steppings that 2.4B has and their performance whether it be LN2/water/prometia/ vapochill.

So if you have a P42.4B you can list your steppings here and if you can't be bothered then move on from here :)

And just a reminder the title of this thread in capital letters 'STABLE' overclock. Now show me one person on LN2 that can run prime/goldmem faultfree for 24 hours :burn:
 

oops

Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2002
lol, my 2.4B just crashed twice at 2.6GHZ a few days ago

now it's only running at 2.529GHZ. Even my 1.8A can do better than that.(exectly same motherboard and RAM)
 

jarthel

Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2001
Stable is quite subjective when it comes to overclocking. My system is stable cause I can encode Divx for days without it crashing. That's the only reason I upgraded. So I couldn't care less for 3Dmark, prime and other so called "benchmarking" software.

If it runs stable for my main task, it is stable to me. :)
 

Big Nuttz

Always one step ahead of jdmcnudgent
Joined
Jan 10, 2002
Location
Toledo, Ohio
My 2.4b has been running at 167 fsb for a couple of weeks with no problems. I'm running 1.675v with a Swiftech waterblock. I can run prime95 all night no problems and play any game flawlessly. My chip is an OEM out of a Gateway computer.
 

Naughtyboy_2000

Registered
Joined
Jul 2, 2002
Location
Sweden
I can run my 2.4b at 167 stabel on air...with the vcore at 1.7.
Just installed it in my modded Vapo rigg...but since my ram stick left the ORB...I have to wait until my new stick of PC3200 arriwes.

At the moment I´m at 167 again with OCZ PC2400.
 
OP
vbhard

vbhard

Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2002
Location
Sydney, Australia
Thanks for the replies guys.

jarthel said:
Stable is quite subjective when it comes to overclocking. My system is stable cause I can encode Divx for days without it crashing. That's the only reason I upgraded. So I couldn't care less for 3Dmark, prime and other so called "benchmarking" software.

If it runs stable for my main task, it is stable to me. :)

I agree that the word 'stable' is quite subjective and differs from one person to another. So whatever people consider(minimum of 24hrs without crashing) can be considered stable :)

One thing I have noticed so far the 2.4B I have come across are all running around 1.7V and I haven't seen the one which does around 2900MHz mark around 1.6V....though exceptions exist ;)
 

doormat

Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
2.4B, SL67Z week 13

2785mhz, 3:4 w/ XMS3200C2, 1.62V, alpha 8942.

A long way from 3Ghz let me tell you.
 

eva2000

Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2002
Location
Brisbane, Australia
vbhard said:
As the title says but mind you I am asking about 3:4 settings unless you got better scores(any) otherwise.

I am running mine at 161MHz, 3:4 settings at vcore of 1.75V and vdimm at 2.9V(corsair 512MB XMS 3200 rated cas2) running 3D Mark, seti, prime95, super pi and goldmem for a minimum of 3-4 days.

Please specify the make and stepping of the cpu and kind of RAM you are using.

Apparently the P4 I have and the ones I have observed are malaysian made

SL6D7
FPO: L225B274
C12111-001
Sept 2002
Malaysia

:) :burn:
hey.. waves :)

you know what my 2.4B can do already :)