• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxtor 500GB HDD $79.99 + shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
ps2cho

ps2cho

Isn't Maxtor owned and produced by Seagate now?

Yes it is.

I haven't had great reliability from Maxtor after 3 years (I mean after having the HDD 3 years it died just outside of warranty lol)

But good deal nonetheless.

synthetic_fenix

Risen From the Ashes
Yes it is.

I haven't had great reliability from Maxtor after 3 years (I mean after having the HDD 3 years it died just outside of warranty lol)

But good deal nonetheless.

I have 6 Maxtor hard drives I bought that have 5 year warranties on them and they are around 3 years old now and run 24x7 in my server and I haven't had a single problem with them.

It is a great deal but it is a PATA drive though :(

Pinky

Maxtor has always been fine for me. Between Hitachi, WD, and Seagate/Maxtor I haven't seen a higher fail rate with one or the other. [I'm a professional computer tech so I deal with hundreds of PCs every year, desktop and laptop]

If I was in the market for a decent pata for an external enclosure I'd snag one in a heartbeat.

Last edited: