• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxtor MaXLine Plus II Available!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

Maximum capacity 250GB
Average seek time: <9.1ms
7200 RPM
Ultra ATA/133 or SATA
8MB cache buffer

This monster 250GB 7200RPM hard drive can be ordered from Futureshop now for $799 Canadian. The 200GB Model is also available for $599 at Futureshop as well.

OC-Master

Hmm...I don't know exchange rates...

Still, I can get three cheap 120's, perhaps even a couple of WD SEs, and RAID them to beat that at an equal/perhaps lower price ;)

---X--- said:
Hmm...I don't know exchange rates...

Still, I can get three cheap 120's, perhaps even a couple of WD SEs, and RAID them to beat that at an equal/perhaps lower price ;)

Yeah but 4 of these in RAID0 would give you killer bragging rights (1TB of memory) LOL. I'm sure you could find something to do with that much memory on your hands and that much speed.

OC-Master

Storage, bro, storage...my computer programming teacher who thinks he knows stuff calls it memory *shudders*

;)

Id prefer bragging rights over an array of 15k.3's, though (and its not too far in the future either :D)

---X--- said:
Storage, bro, storage...my computer programming teacher who thinks he knows stuff calls it memory *shudders*

;)

Id prefer bragging rights over an array of 15k.3's, though (and its not too far in the future either :D)

well to the average computer user, the larger space is more important than the quality :D it's like those people who will buy 1024 mb sdram instead of 512mb ddr... a huge portion of computer programs will not ever use the whole 512 mb ram... unless you multitask like crazy... still both setups would give you nice bragging rights

Back