• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maybe i need a bigger Case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adarrell

ok heres what i have for a case

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...1-125-204&catalog=7&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

its the standard 4 5.25 bay, 4 3 1/2 bay case. Has 4 case fans, and WAS pretty big when i built this machine.

WELLLLL im ordering water cooling stuff and im realizing that im running out of room.

1st off i want to put some serious storage and backup in this machine. I'll soon have 6 HD's, 4 x 200 gb WD's on raid 10 with 2 36 GB 10k Raptor Drives on Raid 0 for gaming and fast OS access.

So i need a machine that can fit 6 HD's, 2 Raid Controllers, DVD/RW, CD/RW. Audigy 2 Plat. AND all the water cooling stuff (Waterblocks for the GPU, Chipset & CPU along with Pump & 5.25 res.)

Im having trouble locating this kind of case, any recommendations??

Last edited:

SysCrusher

go with something like this and cheaper than what newegg offers. Same case manufacture too.

LOOK HERE

Then if you really want to spend some money, check these out. I'm sure you can a better price though and in larger sizes. This is all I found so far. This would be best I think if you like the cube design.

LOOK HERE

Check into codegen cases also. Might not be the best and a bit pricey but I guess it depends on what you really want and need.

E-Licious

You can do what I do and stick your storage HDs in a different computer. I have a very minimalist attitude when it comes to putting things in my main comp. I have 1 HD, 1 DVD burner, and 1 video card, and that's it. Everything else I keep in my file server. Cuts down on heat and clutter.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
Just put the rad in the top of it, get like a Black Ice extreme and it will fit nicely.

Biznatch

Why would you buy 2 Raptors to put them in Raid 1? That defeats the whole purpose of buying 2 of them. If you are just using them for games/OS why have it mirror the same thing on both drives? You should put them in Raid 0 and get a lot more performance from them. It's not like you'll be losing valuable data if anything happens.

OP
A

adarrell

i apologize it was a typo, the 2 raptors will be backed up to the larger 200 gb drives