• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MB chocie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

water_cooler 20

I rma my abit kd7 the place i got it chould not fix it so i got my money back so should i get the same MB or a diffrent one.Are there any mbs better than the KD7 for my amd xp 2400

Last edited:

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
i like my asus a7v333.some killer fsb with it.i cant say any are better than another one.but the nforce2 stands out right now.
but the kt400,kt333,nforce2 are all in the same legue.
just get a asus,epox,or another abit.
me id wait for epox 8rga.should be out this month.its gonna be fast and cheap!heck i might even upgrade to it ive heard alota good things about it.

The Coolest

both motherboards are really good, although I've heard that the ASUS only maxes out at 200MHz FSB, but the EPoX was reported to work 100% stable at that speed, and I heard that it should have upto 333MHz FSB in the BIOS, and much higher voltages are selectable. My personal preference would have been EPoX if I'd go and buy a new motherboard right now

The Coolest

well they both are Abit, and if you ensist on going with an Abit board then I'd go with the NF7-S as I believe its the nForce2 board

The Coolest

I don't know if its out yet, but if not then definetly the EPoX, it doesn't matter what manufacturer you get, it will still be better than an KT400 motherboard.

y0ungsta

Registered
I say go with epox, they're pretty good with overclocking and stability. If you are going for the new nforce 2 chipset can you post your benchmarks. I'm planning to get an epox 8k5a3+ and update get another one later when kt400a comes out.

Thank you
young

OC-Master

water_cooler 20 said:
I rma my abit kd7 the place i got it chould not fix it so i got my money back so should i get the same MB or a diffrent one.Are there any mbs better than the KD7 for my amd xp 2400

ASUS A7N8X. Its the best motherboard out there for now for AMD that money can buy.

OC-Master