• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MBM and SHUTDNNOW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDGuy

I have MBM 5 and SHUTDNNOW. Is there a way to make it shut down faster than 10 seconds in the event a critical temp is reached? I have tried to set it less than 10 seconds and it won't go any lower that I have found. A lot can happen in 10 seconds.

Thanks,

try a different program
i personaly like motherboard probe
and i think it looks way better

I can't remmeber the shutdown program I used with MBM but it shut down so fast it caused some sort of registry error that I never recovered from. I had to format the whole drive. Unfortunatley this happened while I was testing the system and not during an actual meltdown.

AMDGuy (Jun 06, 2001 10:50 a.m.):
I have MBM 5 and SHUTDNNOW. Is there a way to make it shut down faster than 10 seconds in the event a critical temp is reached? I have tried to set it less than 10 seconds and it won't go any lower that I have found. A lot can happen in 10 seconds.

Thanks,

if you are running winNT/2000 you can install the Resource kit and it comes with a remote shutdown tool. You can create a batch file with the command
"shutdown /L /T:0" That tells it to shutdown the local machine(/L) with a delay of 0 seconds(/T:0).
You can also add the /R for reboot, and the /C to force apps to close. After all switches you can add text in double quotes to be displayed as you are being shutdown...

Oh yea, "shutdown /A" aborts the shutdown.

Just another way to accomplish the same thing...

Back