• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mbm5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nyrlath

Can someone help me with identifying these?

Sensor 1:Sis950/ITE8705F-1
Sensor 2:Sis950/ITE8705F-2
Sensor 3:Sis950/ITE8705F-3

Sensor 1 is reading 35 degrees
Sensor 2 is reading 31 degrees
Sensor 3 is reading 51 degrees!!!

I dont understand where Sensor 3 is getting its data, my BIOS shows CPU to be at 35, and case to be at 31. Where is this 51 reading coming from???

BTW I have an SOYO Dragon +, and an Athlon XP 1800+

Also, is there a way to make MBM5 shut down the PC if the temperature alarm goes off? I saw "When alarm goes off start SHDN" but it wont let me check that peice.

It seems to just change when Im at idle. Just now while Im typing it went up 2 degrees, then down 3. WTF?

What are all of your temps while at load and what are all your temps while at idle? This will help distinguish between erroneous readings and your real readings to identify the correct sensors.

SHDN is a plug-in for MBM. Just go to their home page and look for it. It should be there somewhere. It doesn't come with the original install package. It is a separate download.

Last edited:
This topic's been discussed before. One respondent swore the high reading was from his psu, and that he'd verified this by blowing cold air on his psu's temp sensor, and seeing it drop. The other person was equally sure it was the northbridge chip on the dragon, but it struck me as odd that the temp would be this high, as others have noted that the northbridge actually runs pretty cool. Take your pick. I'd like to know myself for sure. BTW, the guy positing the northbridge theory said that somewhere on the soyo website they had a description of where the sensors were on the board. My guess is that it's the northbridge, but that your 51c temp is actually from your chip, and one of the two remaining lower temps is the nortyhbridge.

Thanks for the info guys, what Im gonna do is poke around and Ill post back my findings. My Case has a build in digital thermometer so Im gonna move that around to various places to triple check the temps. Im fairly positive that its NOT my CPU, as BIOS, Digital Thermo, and another monitor software all place my CPU temp at around 35 degrees idle...

Well I did some poking around and found out that SOYOs monitoring implementation wasnt really standard. The only sensors that really do anything are -1, and -2. The others will report erroneous results.
Now I just have to figure out how to fix my -5.61 -5v line =(

Nyrlath...

Back