• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MC370-AO or FOP 38?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hugo 59

I've been reading all the posts for the last couple of weeks and I finally decided to go with the iwill kk266 mobo and an 850 Tbird. I thought I'd decided on the swifteck, but after reading all the posts I just cant decide if its worth the extra twenty-five bucks. Should I just go with the FOP 38? This is going to be my first attempt at overclocking and all your help is appreciated.

SpeeDj

Hugo 59 (Feb 28, 2001 01:37 a.m.):
I've been reading all the posts for the last couple of weeks and I finally decided to go with the iwill kk266 mobo and an 850 Tbird. I thought I'd decided on the swifteck, but after reading all the posts I just cant decide if its worth the extra twenty-five bucks. Should I just go with the FOP 38? This is going to be my first attempt at overclocking and all your help is appreciated.

## I would say if you are going to go with the Swiftech it will be a bit quieter than the FOP 38 will be. The 370 Swiftech got top rankings for alot of cooler roundup's which should tell you something. I am currently running Dual FOP 32-1's on my dual Mobo and they are nice and quiet. It's all I believe a matter of preference...

I will also say this I am firm believer that your overclocking attempt will only be as good as the Heatsink you put on it to protect it... Keep that in mind when making you decision. ##

Hope that helps... ?

OP
Hugo 59

Hugo 59

SpeeDJ thanks for the sound advice I think I'll just stick with the MC370 it does have the best reviews and your right I dont want all this to go to waste because I saved $25 on the heatsink.