• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCW-6002 and 775 Processor...Doesn't Fit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

capneedle

Registered
Ok, so I upgraded from the rig in my sig to the following:

XFX 7800 GT
Gigabyte 8I945P-Pro
Corsair XMS PC6400 DDR2 512MB x 2
Intel 3.0 Ghz P4 630 (800mhz FSB)

I have a MCW 6002 for my previous setup. I ordered the 775 mounting kit for the 6002, and looking at the instructions says I need a "stepped" 6002 block.

WTH is this? Will my original 6002 block not work? Any one else run into this problem, or attempted any mods to rectify it?

All suggestions are appreciated

Hmm, I guess I could be wrong, but I dont think so, I would give swiftech a call and ask them.

775's do need stepped..my 6000 and 6002 were both stepped w/ 1/2" ID

I never tried a non stepped block on an LGA775 setup but after eyeballing everything I don't see why it wouldn't work. Maybe try a dry mount with the board on the desk and look real close with a flashlight and an inspection mirror to see if the block is making contact with anything it shouldn't. If it clears and makes good contact to the CPU then use it.

My non stepped maze 4 fits just fine, but my whitewater is probably going to take alot of modding to work. Sigh one thing I miss about AMD is room around the socket to mount stuff.

Yea the 775s need the stepped block. Most likely you will have to sand down your CPU socket to get the WB flush

Back