• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mcx4000 swiftech problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bibus

Registered
HI ,I just receive my swiftech mcx4000 to put on my bd7II but the thing is that the heatsink is so large that it touches the resistors at the back of the board is this dangerous ?
thx in advance , I can not push the resistor ...

larva

Inactive Moderator
machine the heatsink

Either file or cut away the heatsink for clearence, or get a smaller unit. Insulation of the resistors will not prevent them from holding the heatsink away from the core.

OP
bibus

bibus

Registered
thx I put it anyway but i have some issues , it starts without problem and i've been able to play a 3dmark2001 for one hour but then when i rebooted it refused to power on 3-4 times ... and then again started
I gonna try to put some plastic or anything to prevent the short ...

Jkasmann

Registered
Good call on the plastic, my mcx-4000 barely fits on my IT7, it comes really close to a line of capacitors on one side but doesnt quite touch. It looks like there is a lot of space but that is one monster heatsink ;). At least we can both get it on there though, barely fitting is definetly better than not at all...

OP
bibus

bibus

Registered
you re right about that one but stille getting some strange boot problem , once it gets in windows it s fine though ...

Nico3k

rubber epoxy would work. or you can try to sand down the clip or something.
you defenately dont want it touching them

good luck :D

---edit---
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS