• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

measurements

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a1cnolan

im putting some thought together on making my waterblocks.. you know the hold down holes on the motherboard for holding waterblocks or heatsinks down. also by the chipset and on the geforce4.. does anyone have the measurements on these in inchespreferably thousands so i don't have to borrow a dial caliper from work and tkae my case apart to find out? like the distance from each other?

if this has been questioned before i am sorry just couldn't think of what to search for.. everytime i search measurements i get stuf about c/w and temps and what not

a1cnolan

well there were several things i was thinking about. i really i have no clue... i could just imitate the maze3 design or try something different... i was looking at a picture of it....and it seemed to make alot of sense....water hits center and moves it out...makes sense.nother thing i was thinking about was a block where the water came in from the side of the block instead of the top...from my understanding of it is that heat is gonna diffuse to the coldest area of the block.
so if i can find a way to cool the top of the block better the heat is gonna wanna move up into the water. perhaps by placing a heatsink on the top...but this would make it necesary to have the water enter through the sides.....
i dunno... i wish i had 3dsmax so i could make an image of what im thinking...
basically heat rises up and if you have a heatsink pulling out.. by having the water travel from the bottomw to the top it would be able to work better?

make anysense...
thanks for those links...saved the picture to desktop.. should searched hole locations l

yeah i searched "mounting hole locations" i think learned that when making my last block

sounds like you have some interesting ideas. can't wait to see how it turns out regardless of what design.

will you be using copper or alum?

thanx

hey thanks....yeah ill be using copper. i can get enough to make like six blocks from dangerden for like 20 bucks.. itll be tight but i can squeeze out enough for the cpu vid and chipset. the chipset and vid will just be simple designs but the cpu is gonna be a little more complicated

ok i have a stupid question about the socket hole diagram images in the other thread

are those between the centers of the holes? usually that's how i've seen things dimensioned, but the arrows stop at the edges, and i just want to make sure

Back