• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

media player for win2k other than WMP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Is_907

I usually use mplayer and xine in linux... so I know nothing about the various media players for windows other than WMP is no where near what it should be...

so, can I get some reccomendations on alternative programs?
most of the stuff I play is avi and mpg (DivX, XviD, S/VCD)

macky

Macaddict
Zoom player is a good media player, you can get it from dvd.box.sk. The basic version is just a media player, and the Pro version is capable of playing DVD's as well as regular media.

Cube

On a few DivX forum sites, all the "veterans" suggest playing movies (pretty much any format) in a program called "BSPlayer". Do a search on Google for it and give it a try.

venom9007

bsplayer is great. It's what I use and so far, it's been doing a fine job. It's skinable (sp?) and you can play subtitles on it and stuff. I haven't tried wmp9 yet, but I like bsplayer a lot more than wmp 6.4 (i think that's it).

www.bsplayer.org

OP
Is_907

Is_907

wmp6.4, IMO, is much better than wmp9. it eats less sys resource because it isn't skinned and doesn't have the "visualisations" (sp?)

BSPlayer is nice... i've also just tried LightAlloy and MediaPlayerClassic; all of them are good but so far they have all not liked to read .ssa files for subtitles. (no trouble with .ogm and the dual-audio streams, though)

i'd love to see MPlayer ported to windows =)