• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mega shadow or true black

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CURTO

yea.. so seriously i cant make up my bloody mind
the shadow looks more unit.. but looks kinda dodgy at the same time
and the true looks good and we all know its got good rep
but compared to the shadow it kinda looks ****y.. but at the same time is doesnt?
yea look guys i just need a third party to say 'yea the ____ is ****, get the ____" etc etc

(its for my i7) my current zalman is a bit noisy, bit hot, and it doesnt even have a back plate which is ****ing me off
seriously what kinda design doesnt have a back plate omg

mega shadow (I have one) is just a nickel plated megahalems. I'd go with the megahalems (or mega shadow) as well. The mounting system is much better than the TRUE. Amazing that a heatsink as good as the TRUE has that crappy of a mounting system (my previous HSF). Thermalright has a new one out for it, but it looks rather flimsy. The Megahalems is outstanding; probably even overdone. Fan clips are excellent too; match it up with a solid pair of 120mm fans and you'll be very happy.

when it comes to overclocking, it ain't about looks my friend. :D

Megahalems is solid though - easily one of the top three HSFs made currently.

CURTO NH-D14 is the best heatsink ATM. From fanless to extreme air OC-ing.
If you have the budget don't hesitate, buy it. If not stick to Megahalems.

CURTO NH-D14 is the best heatsink ATM. From fanless to extreme air OC-ing.
If you have the budget don't hesitate, buy it. If not stick to Megahalems.

nah i dont have a budget lol
i say, if you gonna do something.. you just go all out lol
nah not all the time, but like yea lol
megahalems.. just sounds win

I have the black rev.c. It does not seem bad. It does what it needs to and does not need screaming fans to do it.

But I do have two issues with it.
The clips for the fans are a PITA, and one of the fans just touches the plastic tab to support a blowhole fan on case window.

With the new mounting system for the TRUE, it's now about as secure as a Megahalems and I think the new mounting system comes with the Rev C TRUE now. With that said, my experience with my Mega and my original TRUE (with the new 775 mounting system) shows me better performance out of the Mega than the TRUE when running the same fan configuration in the same system. When I get a chance I will be posting my latest testing results. But work has kept me fairly busy the last few days, without much spare time to work on posting my results.

With the new mounting system for the TRUE, it's now about as secure as a Megahalems and I think the new mounting system comes with the Rev C TRUE now. With that said, my experience with my Mega and my original TRUE (with the new 775 mounting system) shows me better performance out of the Mega than the TRUE when running the same fan configuration in the same system. When I get a chance I will be posting my latest testing results. But work has kept me fairly busy the last few days, without much spare time to work on posting my results.

How much better though
also the AM3 adapter I have seems Extremely solid.

Back