• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Megahalems, mega 775, and 4 Ghz Stable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status update-

After one week my rig is as stable as can be, with an general operating temp of 35C for all 4 cores.

No cold boot issues or any other surprises.

IMO what I have here is a really great combination of components that work perfectly together. If I was to change anything I would use a faster Gskill ram so that I could easily increase the overclock.

Temps are pointless without knowing room temp. Do you live somewhere cold or keep your house below 65F?

I have a Z600 and i'm thinking about changing to your cpu cooler. 35C is crazy though. Some of my older hard drives can get warmer then that....

How cold is that room?

The room is not cold at all, but between 77 & 80 F.

Pretty demanding for a n00b you are.

Great temps, glad to hear its stable. Makes me want to upgrade my limiting mobo. Can't get past 3.22Ghz.

That pic of the heatsink is before lapping correct?

Yep, the base of the heatsink is as I recieved it- I have not lapped it.

The mobo really is special- thicker than almost all, extra copper and well engineered.

The room is not cold at all, but between 77 & 80 F.

Pretty demanding for a n00b you are.

That is amazing! I'm sorry for requesting room temps but I see lots of people claiming very low temps due to it getting into winter weather :santa:. I live in southern California so I don't get to use 60-70F air temps very often.

I think i'm going to go E shopping this week :)

That is amazing! I'm sorry for requesting room temps but I see lots of people claiming very low temps due to it getting into winter weather :santa:. I live in southern California so I don't get to use 60-70F air temps very often.

I think i'm going to go E shopping this week :)

indeed
makes me sad at times when someones air setup does better than my water, just because of the california weather -.-

hey mate, looks great. just wondering if you have any troubles having that much weight on the side of the mobo, i'm about to buy a 660gram cooler and i'm worried it wont hang on!
Cheers.

hey mate, looks great. just wondering if you have any troubles having that much weight on the side of the mobo, i'm about to buy a 660gram cooler and i'm worried it wont hang on!
Cheers.

The mounting system is the finest that I have ever seen.

Nicely done, I'm searching around for a cooler that I might want to get to replace my stock cooling on my i7 920. I can't use the comp yet since Im waiting for replacement ram to arrive since the other sticks were defective. But I was thinking of getting a coolmaster v8 or one of these and I never used a cpu cooler outside of the stock heatsink and fan. So I am new to this :/

Gonna continue with my forum reading and try to figure out what will work best for me.

Nicely done, I'm searching around for a cooler that I might want to get to replace my stock cooling on my i7 920. I can't use the comp yet since Im waiting for replacement ram to arrive since the other sticks were defective. But I was thinking of getting a coolmaster v8 or one of these and I never used a cpu cooler outside of the stock heatsink and fan. So I am new to this :/

Gonna continue with my forum reading and try to figure out what will work best for me.

Don't get the v8, this is the best cooler right now.

Back