• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory for EX58-UD5P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fire2havoc

Of those two, I would choose the second kit: 6GB G.Skill. I'm actually using that very kit and it works wonderfully at the rated speed, timings, and voltage. There's no real-world difference between timings of 8-8-8-21 and 9-9-9-24, but the kit runs at a lower voltage than most (1.5v) so that's an advantage. I hit 4GHz with that kit. However, if you're really aiming for 4.2-4.3GHz (which is quite ambitious and not guaranteed), then perhaps you'd want to consider a DDR3 2000MHz kit.

fire2havoc

Have you tried to run them beyond their spec, something like 1700? Just to gauge their OC-ability.

I have not. 1600MHz has allowed me to hit 4GHz with a BCLK of 200MHz and a RAM multiplier of 8x. I have not tried to go above 4GHz because I don't see a need and the Vcore voltage gets excessively high.