• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShaYmuS

Registered
Is there anyway to tell what cas and ras etc number you can have. Ive got 3 pc-133 sticks running at 2-2-2 and 5/7 but when i boot up it says "cas rating should be set to 3". Im only running them at 100fsb anyway so is there anything to worry about here?

Thank You

you can run sisoft sandra to find out what your mem settings are, and what they should be...and it sounds like you have RAM that doesn't like those aggressive timings...have you had any lock-ups, crashes, etc.?

I'm running some Crucial 2-2-2 PC133 sticks in my ST6 at the same settings also, and I get the same message. It must be some sort of BIOS thing that triggers when the settings are set aggressively. As long as you are not having any problems, do what I do and ignore it. Doesn't hurt a thing.

Some mobo's bios might be set to give that message becous cas 3 will give you a more stabil system if it isn't. But as long as you don't experience any unstability, there is nothing exept (your mobo) that says you should be running it at cas 3. Cas 2 will offcource give you better performance, so just go for it.

Ely

Back