• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Settings??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiquidConfusion

OK Ive built a handfull of PC's and this is the first time Ive ever really O/C'd Ive done a lot of reading and searching (literally months) The one question that I havent found an answer to is...
Exactly what are all the memory settings for/do? I understand CAS I just dont know what the rest of the settings are for and I hate toying with stuff that I dont know what it does
Help?!?

Hi and Welcome to the forums. You may have better luck asking about memory timings etc. in the Memory forum.

CAS latency is basically the timings of the RAM - gaps between transmission of data. Lower is better, CAS3 is better than CAS2.5 which is better than CAS2.

Thanks guys somehow I completely missed a sticky in the memory section... looked there like 10 times to... sry for the stupid question... The link in it answers all my Q thanks again

Ehmm, David, isn't it the opposite? cas2 is better (faster) than cas2.5 which is better than cas3. What's also often forgotten is that ONLY the INITIAL BURST of data is faster with a lower cas setting. When transferring large amounts of data there's no real difference between cas2 or 3...

Back