• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory_management blue screen of death

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mchl

Hi guys,

So i built my own rig for the first time in my life and i was happily enjoying it for about 2~3 months now. Everything worked fine except i was worried about the temperatures in my system. Idle would be around 37~40C and when rendering/playing games 65~75..

Anyways i am running 4 x 4 GB - Corsair Vengeance - DDR3 - 1600 MHz / PC3-12800 - CL9 - 1.5 V - unbuffered and am experiencing memory management blue screens of death regularly. At least 1 time a day. I work fulltime on my system so i spend quite some time on it.

I was noticing i had very little free physical memory today and was wondering if something like this could cause the crash?
screenshot.jpg
This is Idle! only Firefox running! ... system is running for about 18 hours.

Would appreciate any help regarding this.

My system setup is this -
Antec Nine Hundred and Two (all fans running 100% speed)
P8P67 Deluxe
I7 2600k
Thermaltake Venemous R XT
4x4 corsair vengeance DDR3 1600mhz (which i underclocked to 1333 because someone told me this could help..)
Geforce GTX 570
OCZ Vertex HD's

With 16GB of RAM installed, and in order to run it at its rated 800MHz and 9-9-9 stably, you'll probably need to bump VCCIO Voltage from the default of 1.068V to 1.100 - 1.150V, and DRAM Voltage from the default of 1.50V to ~1.55V. And make sure to run either Memtest86+ or the built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic to verify stability before booting into the OS.

Thanks m8, i did your voltage settings and it started up normally for a change. Didn't have a crash since. Will report back when it does, i am considering a full format to see if it helps.

Thanks again !

Back