• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest86+ quick question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

risk_reversal

Registered
I am using Memtest86+ v1.55. I have been running the continuous test (1-8) but after 12hrs or so (about 32 passes), the pass indicator resets itself to 0. The time lapsed clock continues to run unaffected though. The pass indicator then starts to count up again.

Should the pass indicator reset itself to zero as mine did.....

Many thanks for your help

OP
R

risk_reversal

Registered
Many thanks for your reply karl pell. Well I continued to run the same memtest (which had reset itself after 12hrs) and in the subsequent 13hrs, the count did not seem to reset itself (ran for another 40 passes).

Perhaps it was just a one time glitch. I am not so much worried by this from a 'cosmetic' point of view but rather wanted to just get some feedback as to whether this was an anomaly that could reflect some form of memory error.

However since I ran memtest for over 25hrs continously with no errors, I guess all is probably well with my ram.

Cheers