• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memtest86 v.3.0 stopped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blazer99

Arrrgggh ...

I just ran memtest86 v.3.0 ...

Sadly it stopped running (froze) during test 5 (pass 57% - test @ 7%). not good!

what does that mean? will more voltage help? lowering FSB?

Please help me...thanx!

my sig is current.

Do you mean up the ddr voltage? to like 2.75?

Because this ram is rated to do 433 fsb at these timings and voltage (2.7).

Hmmmmm

yes Vdimm, 2.75 compared to 2.7 isnt really a big difference. What kind of PSU do you have? what are your actual Vdimms (find out by using MBM5 or some other hardware monitor). Your mobo could be undervolting or overvolting if you're concerend about voltage. Take a look

yes Vdimm, 2.75 compared to 2.7 isnt really a big difference. What kind of PSU do you have? what are your actual Vdimms (find out by using MBM5 or some other hardware monitor). Your mobo could be undervolting or overvolting if you're concerend about voltage. Take a look

PSU is an EnerMax 431 watt w/2-fans...its a fairly highly rated psu.

MBM5 says low-1.71 high-1.78 avg-1.74

nonono, those are your Vcore voltages, that's for your CPU, look for your DDR voltages/Vdimm, that should be around what you have set, 2.7

hmm, hey check your mobo CD, install it's hardware monitor, i havent used MBM in awhile, i've been using abit's monitor.

nope...same thing there (ASUS Probe).

Only lists vCore 3.3v 5v 12v

EDIT...
Checked bios for monitor of ddr voltage or vDimm ... not there!
Annd the only choices I am given for voltage is 2.6, 2.7, or 2.8!

Yikes

I've emailed OCZ ... I await their reply. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've upped the DDR voltage to 2.8v...tested at 10x210 (2100) 1.7 vCore.

I let Memtest run for 4 complete passes...still errors in test #5...but much fewer.

The tests I ran while at 2.7 volts was producing 2000-3500 errors in test 5 in each pass.
The test I've now run at 2.8v...
pass 1 = 72 errors
pass 2 = 116 errors
pass 3 = 156 errors
pass 4 = 216 errors

A ton fewer errors ... but why does the number keep getting higher with each pass?
hmmm

The rated speed is DDR433 which is more like FSB 217 not 233.

I thought that they should do 2-2-2 on nforce boards.

Which timing is it that you have set to 3?
I know OCZ site says 2-2-3 but on my system it is the
#RAS to #CAS delay that needs changing ( to run over 210 with 2.7V) and in my bios as well as in CPU-Z that reads as 2-3-2.

Compare to spec for Mushkin lvl 2

But mine is an Intel based board so it might be different.

Good luck!

no setting for VDD in my bios (that I can find).

The OCZ site says...
nforce2 chipset timings 2-2-3-6 @ 2.7v .

So no I haven't tried any relaxed timings...I paid way too much for this ram to accept anything less that what they advertize (these are supposed to be BH5!).

Cheers

yup ... but my bios only has settings 2.6, 2.7, and 2.8 ... no 2.9 (sad).

I just ran memtest again at 10x200 (2000 mhz)...
4-passes = 10-errors total.

Better ... but still ... that's not good!

You need to flash your bios to the Uber 1007 version in order to access the 2.9 volt setting.

Not sure why, but I'm leary about flashing to a non-Asus bios.

And quite frankly, this ram should be able to do better!

My latest memtest I ran @ 10x200 with DDR @ 2.8v, and got 0-errors ... mind you thats just at 200 fsb.

It is an Asus bios. Asus' stock 1007 bios already comes preprogrammed with a hidden 2.9 volt setting. The only thing Uber does with the stock bios is tweak it to make the hidden options visible.

Back