• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

meshify s2 vs c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundhunter

Registered
Hi everyone
I'm stuck at choosing between fractal design's meshify s2 and c. S2 is too long and c is perfect, but I'm afraid I could have some problems in future with upgrades. Right now my asus tuf x299 mark 1 with gtx980ti should fit like a glove, but what are the chances that when I'll upgrade to new gpu(rtx 3 series) it won't fit? If I understand correctly - it'll be fine as long as I use reference design cards or with similar dimensions, right?
And maybe there are some other potential issues I don't know about. Would be cool to hear your thoughts.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
You'll find a GPU that fits...be it reference or an AIB card.

Without a front fan you have up to 315mm... with, around 290mm. That's almost 12" long. There are plenty of options (surely not all!) that will fit.

CJustin

Registered
C is your choice and it would be the right choice.
If you are still in doubt, go with S2.
Even if it is long, it is most desirable if you are sure that you will upgrade in the future.
If I had the choice, I would have taken up S2 just because it lands on the safer side.