• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micro Channel "White Water" Block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Well I received my 2 blocks from Cathar today, Thanks Cathar!! This block performs, no doubt. I won't post hard numbers yet as the block has only been mounted for 2 hours and the system is not fully bled, nor is the AS3 settled. I will say that it is significantly better performing than ANY block I have ever used (Maze 2 & 3, D-tek Spiral, TC-4, Swiftech MCW462-U and UH). Again, I run an XP 1600 at 10 x 190, 2.0V and I run FAH 24/7 so this is my "load". Here is a screenie. These are ON DIE readings.

MCblocktemp.gif

Excellent job Cathar!! Indeed you have raised the bar.

Last edited:

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
nice!!! thats really cool!
do you know water or ambient temp? room temp? just to give me an idea..

Since87

Great to hear.

Although I didn't have any doubts the block was a great performer.

I just ordered mine yesterday.

Albigger

NICE!!

Cathar's block is no doubt a true performer...
....it will be hard to top it.

Can't wait to see more comparison data (if any) that will be coming

OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

maskedgeek said:
nice!!! thats really cool!
do you know water or ambient temp? room temp? just to give me an idea..
Case temp stays within 3C of ambient, sooooo, 25C ambient.

Albigger

pics of your setup, nikhsub1? is your rad drawing ambient or case temp air? inline setup? (sorry for all the Q's)

Cathar

Hmmm, rather than attempting to deal in absolutes, how about trying in relatives.

ie. each system setup is unique with respect to how it reports temperatures.

What was the CPU temperature being reported as with a 28C case temp with the best of those blocks you listed under the same load?

This isn't the best thing in the world to do either, but it's better than trying to make judgement calls based on an absolute value. Basically measure stuff relative to each other on the same testbed and under as close to the same conditions as you can manage.

I'm glad the blocks are working out well for you.

There's a set of other people's results over at OCAU here:

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109948

with people comparing against the likes of Maze 2, Maze3, and Cyclone 5.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
hey nikh, take a pic with your micro fin block in there! and one of the other block next to yoru system or something...

OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

maskedgeek said:
hey nikh, take a pic with your micro fin block in there! and one of the other block next to yoru system or something...
Why? I have some, just need to get them off the camera.

SemiCycle

nikhsub1 said:
...I will say that it is significantly better performing than ANY block I have ever used (Maze 2 & 3, D-tek Spiral, TC-4, Swiftech MCW462-U and UH).

Excellent job Cathar!! Indeed you have raised the bar.

Not bad at all. It is good that you have used so many different blocks in the same system so you can directly compare them without tons of other variables changing.

OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

technogeeky said:
So you are saying that all other conditions equal, this new block outperforms the TC-4?
Yes. by how much is yet to be determined but early observations are as claimed, 3-5C better.