• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microcenter! In St. Louis?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soulfly1448

Finally! For all us St. Louis folks Microcenter set up shop in Brentwood! I got to see one when I went out to California last year but the girlfriend put the quash to any thoughts of going in :(. At last I can take advantage of all those MC deals folks post in the Cyberdeals section!

noxqzs

I make a trip to my local MC at least once a week for sanity/insanity reasons. I still get the feeling of a kid walking into Toys'R'us. Their prices are somewhat higher on a lot of things, and usually lag a few weeks with the latest and greatest, but nonetheless it still is exciting to walk in there.

stang8118

Yeah I have one a few minutes from my just outside Philly. It is a great place to just lose yourself in (and sometimes your money :D )

torin3

Yep, I just discovered the joys of the Philly MC myself. Got in on the i7 for $200 deal.

I doubt I'll do all my shopping there, but for small stuff that the shipping normally doubles the price on? Yeah, I'll drive over for that.

stang8118

Yep, I just discovered the joys of the Philly MC myself. Got in on the i7 for $200 deal.

I doubt I'll do all my shopping there, but for small stuff that the shipping normally doubles the price on? Yeah, I'll drive over for that.

Luckily I work about 5 minutes from there, so I pop in from time to time to have a look. You would be surprised at some of the steals you can nab from their open box section. I remember back when the X800 series video cards came out I got myself an X800XL AIW for $55 because it was missing 2-3 accessories, and it was still going for $170~ish on newegg brand new :)