• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microcenter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TBsteve

So I live in Florida and that means no Microcenter for me...But I do know, correct me if I'm wrong, of a Microcenter up in Atlanta? My last PC builds have been purely from newegg / amazon...so for my next build I was thinking of heading up to a Microcenter. I've heard a lot of amazing things - just wondering if its worth driving 7-8 hours!

Thanks folks!

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Steve, do the math my man. Really. Look at prices there, look at prices on newegg/amazon and do the math. I can tell you right now, however, that much time/distance/gas.... its not going to be worth it in the least. Like not even close.

OP
T

TBsteve

I get you. I guess I just thought it would be fun to do my part picking in person. Maybe if I happen to find my way up there on a vacation with my girlfriend..."Hey, while we are up here...lets go to the Microcenter!" Haha.

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
Ya they have good sales but not worth an 8 hour trip. Also they don't always have everything in stock and/or always carry the top elite stuff.

OP
T

TBsteve

Copy that. Thanks folks. I'll stick to PC Part Picker, Newegg, and Amazon...

Joe88

+1 not worth it
I dont even consider the hour trip for me worth it since newegg doesnt charge tax (in NY)