• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft will begin developing Windows 12 in March

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

Required, a Microsoft account on Home and Pro
Security, TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot.
Integration of the “Microsoft Pluto” security chip
Completely new substructure, nothing from other OS.
Taking Windows 10X Approaches

I think the 1st comment says it all - Why ? I thought Win10 was supposed to be the "last windows you will ever use", and then Win11 popped up with next to zero improvements, and now Win12 with even more near-useless security features people will have to bypass to use ? Truly wondering what M$ is thinking at this point...

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
"last windows you will ever use”
Exactly what popped into my head seeing this post.
Personally I don’t have a Win10 install that’s logged in to a MS account. They are providing all this “enhanced security”, while data mining everything they can get from their users.

My only real concerns are -

Will the MS account requirement be just as easy to bypass as W11.

And

If these pluton chips are being built into CPUs with MS firmware (first I heard about them and that's just from 2 minutes of skimming), it seems like an easy way to pull something screw-y and lock out other OSes. Just my inner conspiracy theorist.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
If these pluton chips are being built into CPUs with MS firmware (first I heard about them and that's just from 2 minutes of skimming), it seems like an easy way to pull something screw-y and lock out other OSes. Just my inner conspiracy theorist.
It's Pluto :) Although it may as well be plutonium :rofl: