• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft will begin developing Windows 12 in March

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Blind optimism that it will be more impetus for corporate IT departments to switch off of Windows and move to Linux workstations where we can actually get work done.

So I just installed a 16TB drive and had to reboot from Win8.1 to Win10 because for years Western Digital chose to force people to use Win10, in order to use all the features of their drive management software like Firmware Updates, and when I was done, my computer cannot reboot into Win8. 1 because for a while now, it has been slowly working updating Win10 with a Windows update it force downloaded...

So let me get this straight.
All these years... Years.
Win10 users are doing stuff for work and Windows 10 just decides you're not working for 30 minutes now, because it's going to be doing an update.
Really!?!
That's insane.

I don't know how I will switch next year to that insanity.. Windows 8.1 never forces updates like Win10 does..

I mean how is work interruption for a forced Windows update okay?

P. S. After all that forced wait, Windows 10 goes "WE COULDN'T COMPLETE UPDATES, UNDOING CHANGES DON'T RESTART YOUR COMPUTER."

Unbelievable.

Last edited:
In Settings you can configure Windows 10 to not install updates during hours you are typically using the computer.

Back