• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mid-Tower with 280mm front mount capability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wruptupp

Hey.

I'm building a 8700K setup, and based on the reviews I read, it seems like the H115i would fit my needs best.

Currently I have a H110 in a Fractal Arc Midi R2, in push-pull intake. I had to mod the case and it was dirty work, would prefer to avoid that stuff.

I'm a bit wary of mounting the rads on top

1. If I make it exhaust, it'll have lowered cooling peformance.
2. If I make it intake, it just doesn't feel so right. That'd mean I'd have to exhaust both in the front and rear, right? It just feels like it'd be less efficient than intaking from front and exhausting @ top & rear.

Is there a mid-tower that can support a H115i for frontal intake?
If there isn't, anyone has a good full-tower recommendation? (i'd have a hard time fitting in a cube-case in my setup)
If I get another arc midi r2 for the H115i, it'll fit in the with same modification as the H110 did?
There was some guide for the H110 Arc Midi combo, but couldn't find one about the H115i.
Do they mount the exact same way? Cause I think it's just a matter of luck that the H110 fits in this case with some modding.

1. So what... its not like you are trying to break records where every degree counts, right? A couple of C won't matter. :)
2. you would exhaust from the rear only.

I don't know cases well so that will have to come from someone else... sorry.

1. If you have the radiator as exhaust, you will be blowing slightly warmer air over the radiator and may lose a hair of cooling. If you have the radiator as intake, you will be blowing warm air from the radiator into your entire system. Personally, I prefer running it as exhaust with the radiator on the top. Many cases are designed this way and have much more flexible mounting options on top then on the front. There's a case sticky here, it's a bit of a long read but will be a good place to start to see what you like/want.

Last edited:
A couple of C won't matter. :)

Well, I'm like, if a lot of C WILL matter, then a few C MIGHT matter.

The Phanteks Evolv is a pretty nice case with the options you're after: https://www.custompcreview.com/revi...volv-atx-tempered-glass-edition-review/29506/

The Phanteks Enthoo Pro M is also a nice candidate: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...&cm_re=phanteks_enthoo-_-11-854-042-_-Product

Thank you a lot. Didn't expect to actually get an answer, thought I'd have found it if there was a case like that. Ordered the Pro M.

If you have the radiator as intake, you will be blowing warm air from the radiator into your entire system.

I've never had an issue with anything overheating beside the CPU, so I prefer giving it the priority cooling.

Its....really not going to matter. Id rather have my cpu a couple c warmer than pump warm air on the inside of my case.

Again, you arent chasing records, id mount it on top as exhaust and call it a day.

Seems like your mind was already made up though. ;)

Back