• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Midrange Rig Build with future potential

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Eyefinity is for AMD cards and nVidia surround would be for nvidia. I weoukd have to say that a 7950 or 7970 if you want 5760x1080

QUOTE from the OP:

"That makes sense. What about if I'm running a game, pandora, a movie, a whole slew of tabs, outlook, skype, a voip phone and a few others?"

You want more ram. Your CPU will be loaded down with all these processes anyway and no amount of ram will help share those CPU processes going on. You could buy a $1000 CPU and overclock it to help. Any smart gamer will have the game on and few of the other ones, the ones needed. A movie at the same time? Get realistic here. Reality.

At least 7950 at a minimum with your requirements, you should get two. 3 GB each.

IDK if anyone has pointed it out yet, but the Z77 Sabertooth is kind of overpriced compared to other quality boards with comparable features. JMHO based on my own research.

IDK if anyone has pointed it out yet, but the Z77 Sabertooth is kind of overpriced compared to other quality boards with comparable features. JMHO based on my own research.

Are there other 1155 Boards with the same features for less?

Also, the Z77 will go down in price according to Knufire when the new boards come out in 2 weeks, but yeah if there's another board with the same features and quality, I'd buy that if cheaper.

IIRC most of them are the same just diffrent cooling

Quite a variance in price for just cooling. I'm getting between $290 and $420 for the same specs

SAPPHIRE 100352MAC Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card MAC Edition $439.99

HIS IceQ Boost Clock H795QC3G2M Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card $289.99

The Sapphire is higher priced because it's a MAC maybe? Going along with the maxim (or MACxim..heh, pun) that if it's a Mac anything, you're going to donate your kindey to buy it?

Back