• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Might hit 500 pts by B-day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

walaka7

Ive got the heat turned up!! With a little luck, ill be a member of the 500 pt club on my B-day (crossing fingers) B-day is apr 14th!!

Edit: Im gonna keep my rigs together until then... I still have to come up with a heat exchanger and i promised no major work until after my daughters B-Day (She'll turn 1 Apr 17th!!!!!!)

OOPs// looks like im going to miss it by 3-4 days :(.. I shouldn't post when i first get up in morning, brain farts a lot when i first get up

Last edited:

Ebola

Senior Toilet Scrubber
Maybe you'll get lucky. The guys folding for gandalf could always switch over and help you out :)

David

Forums Super Moderator
Good luck walaka!
I should make 100pts by then, with a bit of luck.

Tweaked!

Xtreme refugee
walaka7 said:
Ive got the heat turned up!! With a little luck, ill be a member of the 500 pt club on my B-day (crossing fingers) B-day is apr 14th!!

Edit: Im gonna keep my rigs together until then... I still have to come up with a heat exchanger and i promised no major work until after my daughters B-Day (She'll turn 1 Apr 17th!!!!!!)

OOPs// looks like im going to miss it by 3-4 days :(.. I shouldn't post when i first get up in morning, brain farts a lot when i first get up

Walaka7, What kinda heat exchanger are you looking for?
for water cooling?

OP
W

walaka7

WOW Cluster.... Thx bro.. Thats really nice of you :) Thats just the boost i need to make it to my mark :clap: This will be a sweet B-day present!!!

Tweaked: I am preparing to phase shift cool my rig.. I have a small fridge i picked up cheap and a water cooling system that i am currently running.. So i have to design a heat exchanger to replace the radiator so i can super cool this XP. i was going to set the evaporator in water and add a pump but that seems a bit messy.. so im thinking of running a heat exchanger like used on a mercedes that cools the fuel going into the fuel distributor (CIS system).. its a device i should be able to manufacture without too much problem and make it compact enough to fit in case..(but ive been changing my mind lot and may come up with something different by next week

David: thx for luck wish, im gonna need it :).. I also appreciate all you do for the team especially your work on linux adapt for dedicated folding rig that runs in ram!! I always see you in forums helping others who are having probs and i know they appreciate it too

:beer: :beer: to you all.. It feels great to be a part of this team!!
(sorry.. i ramble a lot when im on darvocet.. my migranes are getting much worse these days... Oh well, more meds for me LOL)

Last edited:
OP
W

walaka7

I just came home to check on feasibility of setting up some kind of program that will let me call my house and browse my puter and use my internet (pcanywhere perhaps?) i also checked on my stats and to see if all three rigs were normal when i look at stats, IM AT 336 points and have 6 processors folding (I have three well 2.5 and cluster jumped in with his AMD rocket) So im looking around trying to see if someone brought over a couple of rigs.. and nope, only three rigs here.. so i asked my wife if she set up her puters at work to fold and she said "No Im still waiting for permission".. So i decided to log on and check messeges when lo and behold i find a big surprise!!!

Thanks Loud!!! Thats so cool of you:clap:
When i originally posted this message i planned on getting 2 more rigs folding for us (2 Duron 900's) and surprise the forum... Instead the crew at the forum surprised me :) This just goes as yet another fine example of how great this team really is..

I have 2 rigs at the shop i threw together to run simple tasks (one is used for On-Demand repair info and estimating. The other rig sits in my tune-up station that has On-Demand and is also networked to my lab scope and reprograms GM computers and views snap shot data off my scanner).. They run all day and do nothing for most of it.. I have no internet access at shop and can only use phone line for short periods of time.. so im thinking of setting up something that will allow me to access my puters at home and running the folding program that way.. Im probably nuts for trying but there's got to be a feasible way of doing it..
So im gonna surf away tonight and check out that avenue...

I really REALLY appreciate what you 2 are doing as this is a great B-day present :D
FOLD ON 32!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer::beer:

Tweaked!

Xtreme refugee
Tweaked: I am preparing to phase shift cool my rig.. I have a small fridge i picked up cheap and a water cooling system that i am currently running.. So i have to design a heat exchanger to replace the radiator so i can super cool this XP. i was going to set the evaporator in water and add a pump but that seems a bit messy.. so im thinking of running a heat exchanger like used on a mercedes that cools the fuel going into the fuel distributor (CIS system).. its a device i should be able to manufacture without too much problem and make it compact enough to fit in case..(but ive been changing my mind lot and may come up with something different by next week

Hey Walaka7, I might have something that could possibly interest you, I've been tinkering w/ designing a new water cooler radiator out of residential air conditioning A-coils that I get from work. As soon as I can get my digi camera back from work, I'll post a pic or two to give ya some ideas. The one I'm working with now is about 15" x 18", 4 pass 3/8" copper tubing w/ alum. fins. :cool:

OP
W

walaka7

yeah tweaked post it up im always open to new ideas :D

Cluster:.. Hey buddy im not stopping at 500 either.. im only gonna tear down XP rig for super cooling project, others will keep going.. and ill put XP rig back up ASAP (would really like to hit 2.0 ghz :).)

LOOKS like with your's and Loud's help, we're gonna take me to 500 early 14th AM WHOOT!!!.. You guys are givin me a heck of a BOOST...

Im still having problems figuring out how im gonna rig my puters at work.. man there's almost 2.0 ghz just sitting around (1890 to be exact) waiting to fold but i have no internet (no modems either right now at work)

You're way ahead of me ebola.. too far for my near sightedness :)

Loud

Continue to have patience with my boost, please. I seem to have run into a streak of Protien A WUs ... the Celly 800 does okay with 'em, but the 500 struggles a bit ... an hour plus for each frame. :rolleyes:

At least (knock on wood) both rigs are reasonably stable. :D

As of right now, I plan to continue boosting your numbers through your birthday. :bday:

Oh yeah ... and if I can make time to play with these new 1G Morgans ... :bday: ... Woot! Happy Birthday! :bday:

OP
W

walaka7

I know what'cha mean on the proteinA's my P2 got one a couple of days ago and it wont finish it until around 6:00 tonight...But the point vaule/work time overall is better for protein A's than with other proteins.. I welcome the slow turn in!!!!!! That means 5 pts when it hits LOL.. That would be funny if they all hit at same time.. we would look like the big boys for three hours :D

Good luck on your morgans.. thats gonna be a great addition to your farm when you get those up :clap:

Im trying to work my finances around to build another rig.. Maybe buy another Xp and put in my wife's/sons rig and take his 1.0 athlon to the shop and bring a 900mhz duron back and O/C that one to the hill. As my sons 1.0 O/c's okay but not great

One of the Durons i have at the shop O/C's very well (was bored one day and decided to play with clockometer a bit :).).. And room to raise vcore without a mod :D

My P2 just coughed up a WU.. loaded another protein A.. will be done aroun 10:00 apr 10th ROFLMAO (that poor ting is gonns let out the factory smoke before my brother gets here :D

Last edited:
OP
W

walaka7

Well i went out and did it.. I went to Fry's and bought the duron 1.2ghz combo (cheesy ECS board but should do for folding)... I had problems with some stuff i bought there so i applied the credit, also got volcano 6 thrown in.. Went to my buds at PC Club and bought a cheap case w/300 watt PSU for $40 (mid tower).. I already have 128 mb ram from when i tried to get yatta rig folding and a 6 gig hdd from my cheesy compaq as well..

Mobo, cpu, and hsf @99
128 mb ram $30
mid tower case with PSU=$40
net card built in
sound card built in
vid card (already had one) 32mb nvidia TNT64 was $29
6 gig HDD quantum bigfoot= already had
keyboard and mouse= already had
monitor= why?? this will be dedicated to the FOLD!!!!

I gotta rig for the farm for about $200 WHOOOT :clap:
including vid card and ram i had laying around (i also have a stick of 512 but i will save for another system in a couple of months :).)

Bad news though: It wont be up for a week because i agreed to let my wife's brother build it so he could get educated a little on PC components.. I will, however, have the hsf lapped/polished and the proc unlocked and extra fans installed in case before then... Also i will be watching him VERY close so i wont be making a second trip to store :D

Loud

WTG!

There are several reasons I didn't go nab a couple of those myself:
(1) the ol' checkbook is a bit anemic at the moment :rolleyes:
(2) I didn't find out about it 'til late Saturday (missed my Fry's day paper)
(3) NASCAR is in town, so I've spent most of the weekend at the track (this is why I didn't play with the Morgans)
(4) the spousal unit would KILL me :D especially after I splurged on a similar deal just a couple of weeks ago (the Morgans)

Why do you call that MoBo cheesy? It looks okay to me. And there's a BIOS out there that's tailored for OCing it. You might want to check out the ECS MoBo threads under AMD MoBo's - LOTS of really good info there. Most of it's about this board, too.

Both rigs were down most of today ... lightning strikes VERY close all day long. <sigh> Looks like the storms have moved off for now ... so ... they're both warming the house again. :D Well ... the ambient air, at least.

Cluster

ya, it ain't cheesy. It's what's running this tbird now. It may be cheap, but it's stable, and you can get an overclock to 150FSB in the bios.

Cheers bro

]-[itman

I got a p4 1.5ghz pulling for you:D It had a few wu's in it's cache when i switched over to your name, so that should help a bit. Hope you make it man. Only 6 more days to go. Maybe you could convince Mr B or someone who's got a really big farm to dedicate their machines to ya for a week, it's all for the cause and for the team anyway right;)