• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mixing additives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jaden Ckast

Registered
So Im new to water cooling and I recently bought liquid utopia to add to my loop. It works great so far, but I am not able to put a silver kill coil in my loop and am worried the liquid utopia might not be enough. So could I also add some PT nuke into my loop or am I asking for a thermo nuclear explosion if I do that?

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Seems like that stuff will cover you...
PrimoChill's latest water cooling fluid innovation Liquid Utopia, offers a full line of protection against algae and corrosion when added to new or existing cooling loops.

OP
J

Jaden Ckast

Registered
Ok that's what I figured and my water has been staying really clear and I don't see any sediment or slime anywhere in the res so I'm assuming it's doing its job. I was just worried is all because I posted a few days ago about how I put the fluid in my loop assuming it had additives already In it. I noticed some stuff starting to form so I drained it right away and took my xspc photon res/pump combo apart and cleaned it with water and then put it all back together. Then refilled with distilled water in a jug that I had dropped the kill coil in and also had added the liquid utopia in as well. I added more than the recommended because of the algae that had already started to grow a little bit. So far I haven't seen any signs of algae growing. Cross my fingers haha. But I also have the PT nuke facing the window of my case so maybe the algae is just afraid.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Distilled water and a Biocide PHN-Nuke, Deadwater, and kill coils. Get rid of the other stuff.
(PHN-Nuke is the replacement for the now old PT-Nuke btw) In case anyone was wondering.

That said the utopia coolant you have should be fine. No alge issues here. Just distilled water and a silver kill coil.

OP
J

Jaden Ckast

Registered
You wouldn't happen to know what they changed with it would you? Not that it matters to me I'm just curious is all cuz I have the pt nuke already but if the new stuff is better I'll just order some of that too.