• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile GPU chipset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DismorphiC

I recently got ahold of a Lenovo T61p with an integrated NVIDIA Quadro 570M.

Apparently it supports CUDA and is pulling 932PPD in windows. Anyone used rivatuner on one of these cards to clock it up a bit? Will I just burn it up doing this? The laptop certainly wasn't cheap...

I'd be leery of clocking up a mobile GPU. THere isn't much headroom in the cooling solution. I suppose, with winter time ambients, you could afford to squeeze a blit out of it. In my laptop folding experience, the fans tend to burn out before the chips.
Speaking of laptops, my daughter brought her ASUS G71 home for the holidays. It's got a 260M in it that'll do 4000+ ppd. However as I look at it on HFM, it's making only 287 ppd. I'd bet she'd got it on her bed with the intake plugged and the gpu has throttled back or the thing has dropped to low power clocks. Riva tuner might be required to stop that. Oh well, the VM is still making 2030 ppd. I'll get the gpu fixed when she appears for the day.

Last edited:
Back