• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile XP - Post as Unknown CPU Type?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

John G

Hi guys, I just put together a new PC. Got a Mobile XP 35W 2200+ and a NF7-S mobo new from newegg amoung other stuff. I put it all together and booted up, it originally posted as "Unknown CPU Type" @ 5.0x100 - 1.525V. It runs, multipliers and everything works. I have it running at a conservative 7.0x200 right now just to get Windows XP loaded and stuff. (Which didn't go smoothly, but it seems to be working now.)

Anyway, the question is: Is it normal to show up as Unknown CPU Type like that? Is there a fix?

Thanks... :)

John G

The Coolest

Yes, it is normal. Most motherboards show the mobile chips as "Unknown", and there's nothing to worry about, as there is no performance or feature impact, just a name string that you see.
And, no, there's no fix for it yet, but as I said, nothing to worry about :)

Welcome to the forums and good luck with the new rig!

OP
J

John G

Cool, thanks. :) At least it isn't me. :D

I'm not too worried about the name string as long as it works. I just figured I'd ask in case there was an easy "fix" or something....or if there was something I did wrong.

Sure can get pretty good performance out of these without much heat output... Wish I could say the same for my video card.

John G