• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo problem plz help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sonex

Hey :)
i recently bought a really old comp here are the specs:
Motheboard (doenst say anything anywhere except the southbridge --ALi M1535D+)
Ram: single sided 256 am1 brand
cpu: Duron 1800xp +

Im having 2 problems with this mobo. Firstly it detects the cpu wrong because its running it at 1150mhz (when comp boots up).
This is what my NF7 v2.0 used to run my cpu at when i reset the bios, except on my nf7 i could change my cpu to run at AMD 2600XP + speed in the bios. The bios on this motherboard is really old and it doesnt let me do anything to the cpu.

The second problem, which i think is cause by the first is that i cannot install windows xp. I go in the windows setup, format my hard drive and as soon as the windows starts installing new files i get a blue screen with the error (Memory_management error). I know that this may be caused by my memory, but it shouldnt because i used to run windows xp on a 128mb computer.

The most frustrating thing is that i cannot find the manual for this mobo because it doesnt have anything written anywhere. Here is a picture of what it looks like

Any help??

Take a closer higher quality pic of the board and I can try to figure out who made it. Look for jumpers to change the fsb and check to see if that chipset supports 133mhz fsb.

Back