• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
do you have anything like daemon tools running? Windows maybe isnt seeing it or it may not be installed properly.. since those will add real or ghost drives to your list..also check all your usb ports for any foreign objects.. not that its easy to do, but a staple could contact enough to cause annoyances like that

do you have anything like daemon tools running? Windows maybe isnt seeing it or it may not be installed properly.. since those will add real or ghost drives to your list..also check all your usb ports for any foreign objects.. not that its easy to do, but a staple could contact enough to cause annoyances like that

I have Sun virtual box installed but its def not on. I took some compressed air to all my USB ports and still same.

could it be your mouse or keyboard if they are usb

My mouse and keyboard come up in "Devices and Printers"

Alright so for "Unknown Device" it was the usb ports that come with the case. I disconnected those because I dont use them and they dont support USB 2.0 anyways.

Im still having the problem with the mobo though.

This is what microsoft says about Code 12

"Code 12
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)
Cause

This error can occur if two devices that are installed on your computer have been assigned the same I/O ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel (either by the BIOS, the operating system, or both). This error message can also appear if the BIOS did not allocate enough resources to the device.

Recommended resolution

You can use the Troubleshooting Wizard in Device Manager to determine where the conflict is, and then disable the conflicting device.

Disable the conflicting device
On the device Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
Click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard. The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers that you provide.
Follow the resolution steps provided by the wizard to resolve the problem."

I don't know what USB device is not getting enough resources. Also everything is working correctly
Any ideas guys?

Back