• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mod for Power Cables (Theory)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diamond4D

Registered
Ok. I bought some clear plastic tubing from Home Depot and I'm going to cut it to the length of each power cable then split it down the middle with a razor and hot glue it back over the power cables. If I put an LED at the beginning of each tube would it give a nice glow to the tube? If not how would I do this?

CrashOveride said:
sounds like a good idea... give it a shot and post some pics:D

Will do as soon as my 2.4C gets here from some crappy website. I have no other chips right now.

OK, well I got some LEDs and they arent nearly bright enough. :( So since I am not overclocking Im going to use them (2) and two industrial switches to create a small light and fan control in my empty 3 1/2 bay. Hopefully this will work out.
On a side note when I tried the LED out I dropped it on the bottom of my case and it turned the whole computer off. Lol. Oh well it was only a Compaq.:D
The EL lights sound cool, I will find some. And I will still wrap the psu wires in the tube. Hopefully my modding will be done next week when I get my new fans and stuff.

Well I finished the power cables w/o LEDs for now. Im going to post a pic tomorrow when my camera is recharged. Also it looks like my friends dad will make/ give me all the LED and electrical stuff I need. I guess its his thing. Anyway saves me some dough, I hope his LEDs are bright enough.

OK here are some pics of the power cables with just a regular clear tube over them. Looks kinda weird in real life but i like it.
Comp1.bmp

Comp2.bmp

Another thing I thought might look cool is getting some paint and running it through the hose. (While its not on the cables of coarse). I think that would look like some of the ata round cables.

Last edited:
If your looking for LOTS of LEDs for cheap check ebay. I just got 100 blue ones for 17 bucks shipped. Not sure what im gona do with all of them though :)

Back