• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding fan clip things to put in a Tornado...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoN068

My freind just bought 7 Vantec Tornado fans for his computer. He is running a dual 1800+ with a Thermaltake Xaser II case. So how can we put the fans in those clippy things where the fans go? They won't fit...

Any ideas???

Tipycol

Do you mean there's not enough fan headers on the motherboard for the fans? If this is the case, the Vantec Tornados should have come with an adaptor that allows the fans to be connected directly to the power supply (which is what you should do any way since the amperage for the fan is very high for a motherboard header).

Hope this helps

Tipycol

OP
NeoN068

NeoN068

No no no no... on cheiftech type cases, you know the cases that are cheap and have the door that opens on the side. I'm talking about where you put your 80x25mm fans. They are purple in color. But the tornado fans are 80x38 so I don't think they will fit.

Mike K

Will the fans stay in there, or do they rattle loose? If they don't then you're probably outta luck. The fan brackets are made to hold 80x25mm fans.