• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mode Not supported, all of a sudden

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GatorChamp

So I am at my Mom and Dad's for the break, my father has a really nice Samsung 1080p TV. I was here about 3 weeks ago and I hooked my PC up to the TV with no problems. Now I am here again, and it will not support ANY widescreen rez. 720 or 1080. Now some things to eliminate. I did make sure that they were running at 60hz in those rez. I am able to run it at rez that are not widescreen 1280x1024, 1024x768. My dad said he has changed nothing, and to my knowledge I have changed nothing. My took my sisters 19in screen out so that I could see if it was my computer doing something but it displays just fine on that and was working at 720 right before i left my house. So in short I keeping "Not Supported" on the screen. Is there something I could have done on my computer to cause it to not be able to be supported??

joedymueller

i would think not supported would be coming from the tv not the computer.

if it worked before, chances are something changed on the computer to give out a different signal. new drivers?

Krogen

The only thing I can think of is Windows update changed the display driver.

In my Windows 7 I had to block one of the updates for my Realtek onboard NIC because after the update it didn't work any longer... So had to revert to the 'older' driver and block Windows from installing the new one.

Possibly the same thing happened.

OP
GatorChamp

GatorChamp

I have gtx 260. I have not updated my video drivers. To my knowledge I have changed nothing on my computer...Right now I am trying to create a rez that the TV will support...

Just want to point out:
It support ALL the 4:3 Rez I am in 1600x1200 right now and its fine. It is JUST the widescreen rez....

OP
GatorChamp

GatorChamp

Well, I ended up using HDMI cord and its works...but I dont understand why HDMI works but the VGA does not...being it did before.