• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modern Warfare 2 for $25?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jobrien2001

I dunno if this is true or not but 1 guy told me in game that on Black Friday Walmart will be selling MW2 at 25 bucks.

At 60 bucks i definitely wont buy it since it has no dedicated server support but at 25 it does seem bearable.

Can anyone if the know confirm if this deal is true?

Take it for what its worth, but I was very concerned about the lack of the dedis but really don't mind. I personally HATE Valve and Steam (acct hacked in the past and lost all my games) but the IW isn't terrible and I don't mind the lack of dedicated servers. The matchmaking is fairly good. It is worth the buy.

Take it for what its worth, but I was very concerned about the lack of the dedis but really don't mind. I personally HATE Valve and Steam (acct hacked in the past and lost all my games) but the IW isn't terrible and I don't mind the lack of dedicated servers. The matchmaking is fairly good. It is worth the buy.

So the game freezing for a while when hosts drop is acceptable?

I will attest to this... COD mw2 is worth it despite the lack of dedicated servers. It kinda put me off to hear that it didnt have dedicated servers, so i uh downloaded a demo of it :p to play the single player and liked it quite a bit. Then a friend bought it for his PC so he had multi player and called me over, and we played for quite a bit, and honestly match making works quite well. So i ended up using the 50 dollar BB gift card i had laying around for months, and a 10% off BB cupon and got it for 58.71.... so 9 bucks outta pocket works for me.

So the game freezing for a while when hosts drop is acceptable?

Been playing it for quite a bit.... have had this happen ONCE, and it maybe stalled the game for 20 secs, which was nice cus you could take a breath haha.

ya it happened to me once tonight... stopped the game for 10 secs moved hosts, and the game went on as if nothing happened....

I dont know what is so bad about the way they have servers.... party invites and whatnot kicks ***!

Not even worth it for 25$ if it was true. They chose to say F-U to the PC gamers so they'll never see a dime from me. More of you should do the same instead of just sucking it up and buying it anyway or more developers will follow their lead.

Personally I'd rather send Dice $25 towards the new BF/BC2, from what I have seen, that game DESERVES the $$$.......

Thanks for the reply...I thought MS was working on that? Windows LIVE and XBOX LIVE becoming "integrated" as it were??? :shrug:

Sorry, I'm out of the loop...been benching too much :D

Back