• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modifying Windows dual screen size for pointer movement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry for the confusing title -

I currently have two 27" monitors. One is 1440p, the other is 4K. My problem is how Windows 10 handles pointer movement and window size.

I have them both on a mount so both are set at the same height, and in the Display Settings menu I have them set accordingly. But, as they are different resolutions, Windows sees them as different "sizes", so when moving the pointer from the 4K monitor to the 1440p monitor, it'll sometimes get hung up on what it sees as the top and bottom of the 1440p screen.

Is there any internal setting I can play with to get it so pointer movement is seamless between the two?

Sorry for the confusing title -

I currently have two 27" monitors. One is 1440p, the other is 4K. My problem is how Windows 10 handles pointer movement and window size.

I have them both on a mount so both are set at the same height, and in the Display Settings menu I have them set accordingly. But, as they are different resolutions, Windows sees them as different "sizes", so when moving the pointer from the 4K monitor to the 1440p monitor, it'll sometimes get hung up on what it sees as the top and bottom of the 1440p screen.

Is there any internal setting I can play with to get it so pointer movement is seamless between the two?
Yes under the display settings you can drag the screen up or down to make it so that it lines up with where you want it to be

Yes under the display settings you can drag the screen up or down to make it so that it lines up with where you want it to be

I've tried that, it just moves screen positions relative to one another. I'm curious if there's a way to set it up so Windows sees the top of the 1440p screen lines up with the 4k screen, while the bottoms of the screens also line up.

Currently, if I just line them up in display settings, I can get the tops *or* bottoms of the screens to line up, not both.

that's just an issue you run into when using different res monitors just something you have to get used to, or run the 4k monitor down to 1440p.

You can change the scaling, but you probably don't want to. Worth a try though. I have a similar problem using a 15" in portrait beside my 27".

Bleh, thanks wagex/Ben. Was hoping there's just a setting I was just missing but kind of want to leave it at its native resolution and the scaling lines up as-is. That'll irk me more than my cursor getting "stuck" lol.

This the year of the linux desktop yet?

Back